Chapter 7 - Blended

Alesha

I was dumbstruck staring at the older couple, frozen still by the question. There was silence as the couple scanned me waiting for an answer. I could see Christian in my peripheral rubbing his temple and I could hear his whispered cusses of frustration. All of a sudden, they both burst into a boisterous laughter.

"I'm so sorry sweetie, we couldn't pass up the chance to see the looks on both your faces."

I breathed a sigh of relief and immediately start relaxing and laughing along with them. Once the shit my pants feeling left, I was cracking up at their little joke.

The only one not impressed was Christian, who had an angry frown and was still shaking his head at his grandparents

I squeezed his forearm motioning for him to relax, feeling him loosen up under my touch, I chuckle as the older couple hug and kiss me again.

"Babe these are my grandparents Vincenzo and Winifred, guys this is Alesha."

Studying the pair, I noticed how young they looked. If it wasn't for their graying hair they could pass for early 40's. Vincenzo was very put together in his slacks and sweater with a button up and tie, while Winifred managed to exude a flawless elegance standing barefoot in a white dress that made her caramel skin glow. Wait.. his grandma's black?

Christian sniggered when he saw the minor shock on my face.

Winifred looked to Chris, a slight confusion masking her features. "After our conversation this morning I thought-" She cut herself short turning back to me. "Never mind. Hi sugar, you can call me Grams." What conversation?

"And me, Gramps." Vincenzo chimed in.

"Noted. Christian talks so much about you two, it's high time I put a face to the names and stories. These are for you." I handed Gramps the packaged bottle of wine and gestured to the bouquet in Christian's outstretched hand.

Taking the large bunch, Grams brought them to her nose inhaling the scent of the blossomed flowers. "They're gorgeous. Thank you, pumpkin, you didn't have to. To think he's had the Charlotte's of the world showing up on my doorstep." She mumbled the last part but we all still heard, making me and Gramps chuckle.

"Okay Grams, when does Raf and Dani get here?" Christian asked eager to change the subject.

"Rafael had to cancel, something about vetting Dani's new client. Instead, I have a surprise coming a little later on, but I know you'll love it. Come, you're letting in the cold." Her soft southern accent was so melodic and soothing but still held a commanding tone.

Stepping into the foyer I glanced around the open space distracted by the immaculate design of it all. "Your home is gorgeous. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it."

"