Chapter 19 - Elephant In the Room

Alesha

We lay there, hunched over the armrest of the sofa, for the longest time trying to catch our breath. My skin still tingled as dying shock-waves pulsed from between my legs. I could feel the warm air leaving him and beating against my back in between the kisses he trailed down my spine.

Three knocks rapped off of the hotel door. Immediately, my plans with Richard appeared in my head. I shot up as panic set in. "Babe, we've gotta get going. You better be ready." Richard's voice called from outside.

"Shit!" I murmured as I pushed myself off of the sofa and away from Christian, running to the bathroom. I peed then hopped in the shower trying to wash off the sweat as quickly as I could.

Once I got out, I threw on my jeans and sweater before clumsily running back to meet Richard at the front door.

"-she's busy."

Kill me now.

Christian stood in front of the open door butt-naked talking to Richard, who was examining the scene in front of him with widened eyes until his sights landed on me.

"Maybe I should leave you two to it?" Before I could say anything he walked away with a reddened face.

I stomped over to Christian pushing him back into the room and shutting the door.

"What the hell were you thinking?!" I felt my face heating up at the realization of what just happened. How do I even begin to apologize and explain what he just saw? Seeing the embarrassment and worry spread across my face, Christian decided to pipe up.

"What? You scared your little substitute is gonna get his feelings hurt knowing your man fucked you?" He smugly walked to the chair that I was bent over no less than 10 minutes ago. Grabbing a handful of the complementary candy from the coffee table, he took a seat.

I rolled my eyes at his impertinence, already frustrated with him. "Christian, please just get dressed and leave."

"No. I already told you, I'm sick of us being apart. I gave you your space and I'm ready to talk."

"Well what if I don't wanna talk? Ever." I didn't mean what I was saying, but I hated the idea of him being in control of when I was ready for things to change.

"Is that what you really want? You want me to leave you alone?"

Letting out an exasperated breath, I tilted my head to the ceiling, silently praying to God for more patience with this man. "Of course not. I just need you to respect me when I ask for a little time."

"A little time?! A, you've not spoken to me in a month. You won't let me in when I come to your apartment and you ignore my texts. That doesn't feel like you 'asking for a little time', it feels like you pushing me away."

He looked at me with hardened eyes, crushing my heart completely. Standing to pick up his clothes, he hauled on his boxers and slacks before sitting back down to stroppily shove his feet into his boots.