Chapter 5 - Get It. Got It. Good.

Alesha

I'm meeting his family tonight. I've never had a boyfriend but I'm pretty sure this is moving a lot faster than usual. I mean sure, we've been spending all our free time together, but that was as friends. He's easily become the closest person to me after Dani, and I trust him blindly, but I can't meet his family as his girlfriend. I thought I'd have some time to get used to me and him before introducing 'us' to anyone else. What if they don't like me. What if I'm not good enough?

So many important questions were popping into my head but all I can think about is that damn kiss. I've been smiling like a fool since lunch because I couldn't stop thinking about it. That shit had me tingling in parts I didn't know could tingle. I have a boyfriend now? Your girl has a man. A foine as hell, bearded, tight abbed, ass grabbing man at that too.

I'm just happy I'm finally home so I don't have to hear the constant speculations about why I was grinning like a Cheshire cat

I'm just happy I'm finally home so I don't have to hear the constant speculations about why I was grinning like a Cheshire cat. Thanks to the lobby receptionist Stacey, there was already a rumor swirling around the office that it was because I'm sleeping my way to the top with one of the company's millionaire investors. If I wasn't too bent on keeping my job, hands woulda been thrown. She was not about to get me to act outta pocket in front of these folks. I know Christian made a more than decent living, he was always drenched in expensive clothes, but he would've told me if he was one of the investors of the company I work for.

I was sitting on the edge of my bed going over everything that happened today when my phone started ringing. Turning to the flashing screen, I feel excited and nervous all at once seeing his image pop up.

A- "Hey, I'm kinda busy. I only have an hour to try looking good enough to impress my man's family. What do you want?"

C- "You always look sexy and I for one am always impressed. I just wanted to tell my woman to dress fancy for tonight. I wanna take you somewhere after dinner."

A- "Babe, 'sexy' is not the first impression I wanna give your grandparents. I need to give them good church girl with the biscuits and sides vibes. Do you wanna come help me choose?"

C- "I would love nothing more than to have you be my own private model, but I have to get some things done before I come get you."

A- "...Are you sure we're ready for this? We literally only just started and what if they don't think I'm the right one for you? What if-"

C- "Stop. As far as being ready for this, I've been ready for you longer than you know. We didn't just start, we've been together since that first date, it's just taken me until today to do what already should've been done. When I asked if you wanted to be with me, the second you said yes, you were mine and I was yours, so regardless of who thinks what, until you say otherwise you are the right one for me. To be honest even if you say differently, I'm not letting you go. Get it."