Chapter 20 - Ultimatums

Christian

"What took you so long?! We've only got 30 minutes before Dani gets here!"

I had just made it to Alesha's apartment after speeding through NY traffic during rush hour. As we made our way to her bedroom, I start stripping away my clothes; my dick already swelling at the sight of her in nothing but a short, silk, see-through robe.

"Why are we still hiding? We've been fucking since Paris, that's 2 weeks of running around behind everyone's backs instead of just saying we're back together."

"We've already talked about this, we aren't back together. Right now I'm stuck between wanting you in my life and not wanting to be a part of yours."

It felt like a ton of bricks just dropped on my chest

It felt like a ton of bricks just dropped on my chest. I clenched my jaw to avoid letting out a hurtful retort; sending her a narrowed stare, I stopped unzipping my jeans. She turned to face me with closed eyes letting out a deep sigh.

"You know that's not what I meant. I just need some time to get used to what you do. It's not like you leave the house everyday and go punch in a time card, Chris you kill people for a living. It's just not what I expected my future to look like, but please believe that I am trying."

I feel like shit when I see how the stress of the situation showed up on her features. Every time this conversation comes up I get angry. Not because I don't get it, but because I do and I think deep down she's already made her decision.

"It's been long enough, no? I mean you've had more than a month. I think you already know and you're just too scared to say it."

She slowly walked in my direction, only to stop right in front of me.

"Can we not fight right now? I just told you Dani's gonna be here in.." she looked down at the rose gold watch fastened around her wrist, "23 minutes. Please let's just be with each other and deal with everything else later?"

Her hands trailed from my chest to the waist of my jeans. The need to talk left me as I stared into her soft brown eyes looking back up at me. She reached her hand into my pants gently squeezing and stroking my hardening dick. My breathing hitched as she ran her thumb over my tip circling the pre cum around the head of my cock before retrieving her hand and sucking at her thumb.

The metal chimes of a key against the front door's lock stilled her movements. She scrambled to get me and my clothes out of view, but I couldn't move; I was too awestruck by what she just did, I didn't have the slightest interest in playing hide and seek.

"Bitch why the fuck do you have this door closed as if you didn't know I was coming?! Open up before I bust through this shit, I have something to tell you so stop playing these games with me!"

Dani screamed through the narrow opening of the door with the chain lock blocking her entrance.

"Christian! Why are you just standing there? You've gotta get out!" Alesha whisper shouted in a panicked tone. "COMING!" She yelled to Dani before turning back to me, "quick, use the fire escape."

I don't know what came over me, but I'd had enough and let my frustration get the better of me. "No! Right now, make the choice are you with me or not?"

She stopped moving, holding my jacket in one hand and one of my shoes in the other. Between the loud thumps Dani was applying to the door and the look Alesha was giving me, my head was about to explode. She was gonna give me an answer I didn't wanna hear.

"If I have to decide right now, then no." My stomach dropped at the response as she quickly blurted the rest of her answer. "But I'm trying to make it a yes, why can't you have the patience for that?"

"Because I'm not sure it's ever gonna be a yes. I know I put a lot on you when I introduced you to all this so I can't blame anyone but myself. You always play it safe A, so I know it's hard, but I'm asking you to trust when I say I won't let anything happen to you."

I could see the tears building in her eyes as she looked around the room avoiding my stare.

"It's not like I'm not trying Chris. Putting myself in a place where I'm depending on someone else for anything is new to me, especially when I'm looking to you for safety while people like Vasiliev are popping into our lives. You can't force me to hurry up and I can't force you to slow down."

"Alesha Ryan Moore! When I make it in this apartment I am gonna tear yo little ass up, best believe that!"

"So that's it?" The words burned at the skin of my throat as they came out.

"I don't want it to be, but Chris if you can't wait, then I guess so."

I grabbed my things from her hands and went to the door, where Dani seemed to have calmed a little after her threats. I unlocked the chain and was met with her grin as she held her hand up to my face.

 I unlocked the chain and was met with her grin as she held her hand up to my face

"Rafael proposed!!" She paused realizing it was me answering the door. "You guys are back together?! Finally! And getting dirty in the middle of the afternoon, praise Jesus. I hope you forgive me for not telling you Richard was gay; jealousy breeds results. You're welcome."

"Congratulations Dani. I'll see you Sunday night."

I moved past her leaving a kiss on her temple. She turned her attention behind me, seeming confused by my rush to leave. As I made my way down the hall, I could hear Dani's voice doused in concern.

"What the hell happened?"

I turned in time to see her enveloping Alesha in a tight hug before walking into the apartment.

If a separation is what she wants, that's what she'll get. I'm done.

JJ x