Chapter 25 - Too Perfect

This chapter is dedicated to Dubsthescribe for always showing her love and support for this book xx
You guys should check out her work as well🔥
(Smut lovers can thank me later)

Christian

I felt his jaw shatter under my fist as I dealt vicious blows to his cheek. My rage was unrelenting after seeing him put his hands on her; even the warm blood sliding down my back, soaking through my shirt was no distraction for my anger. My knuckles kept delivering brutal attacks against his face until I stopped to pull my gun from my waist, leaving him to croak out his last words: "A son for a son."

It was only then that I noticed the trench knife attached to his hand and the blood dripping from its end.

I looked over to Alesha laying on the cold concrete looking up at the sky while her belly bled from different wound-sites through her white dress

Without hesitation, keeping my focus on her, I shot the man twice between his eyes and went over to her limp body. Picking up her head, I placed it in my lap brushing the hairs from her face. I leaned forward kissing her forehead and softly rubbed her stomach which held our child. This was my fault. All of it.

"Baby? Hey sweets, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. You're gonna be okay." My voice broke as my tears fell onto her. Maybe repeating the words would reassure her somehow, but I was trying to convince myself it was the truth. Blood started spouting from her lips as she tried to say something, but before she could, her eyes started drifting closed. I couldn't let her fall asleep. "Baby you can't close your eyes, okay? Just talk to me. A, please you can't close your eyes. Alesha talk to me."

She wouldn't open them. I could see her chest rise and fall but she wouldn't speak or open those big brown eyes for me. My head was still spinning from hitting it on the rock when he knocked me to the ground. I tried shaking away the dizziness and standing to my feet when a figure came rushing at us. I aimed my gun at the distorted frame, and just as quickly dropped it when I heard the person's voice.

"CHRIS! Come on we've gotta go! We need to get her to the hospital!" Antoni lifted her legs, helping me carry her to the back of the car. He quickly jumped into the driver's seat and pulled off.

"Dr Müeller, how fast can you get to Saints and Angels Hospital? Mr Marino has an emergency." Antoni spoke into the phone as he sped through the light traffic. "Good. Be prepped and waiting we should be there in 10 minutes or less."

The whole car ride my eyes wandered from her face to the bump that kept oozing that fucking blood. Her body laid out across my lap and the seats, paling and lifeless. I kept talking to her hoping she could hear me, but the lump in my throat trapped my voice to a faint whisper.