Enigmatic

"𝕊𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕓𝕖𝕒𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕗𝕦𝕝𝕝𝕪 𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕠𝕗 𝕡𝕝𝕒𝕔𝕖. 𝕊𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖𝕤 𝕀 𝕓𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕖𝕧𝕖 𝕤𝕙𝕖 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕓𝕖. 𝕃𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕞𝕠𝕠𝕟 𝕕𝕦𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕒𝕪." 

 -𝔻.ℝ.

  ⇝

Mason 

I had been stuck in the house the entire day much to dismay. Regardless of how much I tried to convince the boys or Isabella and Alessandro that I was okay and that there was absolutely no need for me to stay home and lay in bed all day. They ignored my protests, saying that it was the doctor's orders. Point is, I'm bored out my damn mind from laying here all day. Nico had so graciously offered to stay home to make sure I was okay. He had periodically been checking in on me, not even allowing me to get my own food. It was noon and everyone else was still gone. It had also been fifteen minutes since Nico had last checked on me which meant that I had a good hour and forty-five minutes before he came back.

And despite was the doctor said, I couldn't stand to stay in bed any longer without going insane. I needed to get out of these four walls, fast. Throwing back my covers, I swung my legs over the side of the bed making sure to be as quiet as possible. I decided not to bother changing out of my pajama shorts and oversized sweatshirt and quickly slipped on my checkered Vans. I fixed my messy bun and took a deep breath before opening my door as quiet as possible. Thankfully, nothing in the house was squeaky. I made sure to look both ways and headed down the stairs praying to God that I didn't get caught. The t.v was blaring throughout the living room and into the foyer. Peeking around the corner, I thought my plan had all gone to shit until my eyes landed on a sleeping Nico with his laptop half on his stomach. I smiled and continued on my venture to the garage.

I had promised Alex I would fix his car yesterday which obviously didn't happen and seeing as I had nothing better to do today, I figured I might as well get it done now. Plus, I had kind of missed working on cars. It felt like forever since I had. I smiled thinking of the last time I worked on one with my dad. I peeked in the car, smiling when I saw alternator sitting on the passenger seat which thankfully, was left unlocked. I grabbed the box and placed it on a bench against the wall and quickly popped the hood.

"Mason!" Nico yelled frantically yelled causing me to jump. I had just finished tightening the last bolt when he came rushing through the door. "Mase, fuck." He ran his hand through his messy hair, sighing in relief. "You scared the shit out of me. What are you doing out of bed?"

"Uh. I fixed Alex's car." I shrugged, placing the wrench down.

"Yeah, I see that. You're covered in black stuff." He waved his hand at me.

"I got bored." I explained. 

"I get it but the doctor said to stay in bed and rest for the day Mase, not be out here fixing Alex's car. Do you not understand that you passed out yesterday Mason? It's not just something you can take lightly." he breathed.

"I know, I get it. I'm fine though, really. I just, I couldn't lay in that bed any longer. It's not like I was really exerting myself. Plus, I promised Alex yesterday that I'd fix his car and I didn't, so I figured I'd do it now. I feel perfectly fine. You honestly don't need to worry." I assured, hoping he'd let it go.