Irresolute

"𝕀'𝕞 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕡𝕝𝕒𝕟 𝔹."

  ⇝ 

 Mason

I had stayed in bed for the remainder of the weekend. Partly because I didn't want to run in with Isabella or Alessandro but mainly because my body was sore and I really wanted nothing more than to lie in bed all day. I did at least get up to shower every day and obviously use the bathroom and eat. Though, one of the boys usually brought me food up before I even had the chance to make my way downstairs.

It was now Monday however and I was currently sitting on my toilet while Miles, helped changed the bandages on my arm. "Are you sure you want to go to school? You can stay home if you want."

I shook my head and gave him a small smile. "No, I'd like to go. I've spent too much time inside. I'm going stir crazy. Plus, I'm feeling a ton better; so there's really no point in me staying at home, in bed all day again. He nodded and finished taping the gauze on my arm. He stepped back a few minutes later, letting me know that he was finished. I mumbled a quiet, "Thank you." and made my way into my closet, hoping I'd be able to find something that would cover my neck.

After a good fifteen minutes, I found a grey, chunky knit turtleneck sweater and grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans to go along with it as well as a chunky pair of boots. I quickly dressed and messily pulled my hair up into a high ponytail. Walking back into my room, I found Miles sat on my bed, his eyebrows furrowed as he focused on his phone, not even realizing I had finished.

"You ready to go?" I asked, breaking the silence.

His head snapped up, "Oh yeah. Sorry, got distracted by Candy Crush."

I couldn't help but laugh as I grabbed my bag and threw it over my shoulder. "You still play Candy Crush?"

"Of course I do. This game is my jam."

I shook my head and smiled as I followed him out to his car. As he started to pull onto the road, I couldn't stop my head from questioning where Alex was. Stupid, I know. I had much more important things to think about than Alex's whereabouts but I had yet to see him since Friday and It was bothering me. Suddenly, I blurt, "Have you seen Alex?"

Dammit, Mason. I mentally facepalm at my stupidity. I glanced at Miles who had yet to answer, finding his jaw clenched as he gripped the steering wheel tighter. "You know Mase, it'd probably just best if you stayed away from him."

Confusion clouded my mind, "Why?"

He sighs, glancing at me for a moment. "Just, please stay away from him. Okay?"

I open my mouth to say something, though I'm not really sure what. Maybe why Miles was told to stay away from his brother or why he seemed to get so angry at the mere mention of him. However, I chose to shut my mouth and nod. I wasn't essentially agreeing with him, I was more so giving myself time to think over what could have Miles so upset.

Only now did I realize that we were at school and Miles had already parked and was out of the car, opening my door. He reached down to grab my hand to help me out. "You do know that I'm perfectly okay, right Miles?" I chuckle, allowing him to pull me out of his car.