Elude

"𝔸𝕟𝕕 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕞𝕠𝕠𝕟, 𝕤𝕙𝕖 𝕙𝕒𝕕 𝕒 𝕤𝕚𝕕𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕤𝕠 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜, 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕤 𝕔𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕𝕟'𝕥 𝕤𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕖 𝕠𝕟 𝕚𝕥. 𝕊𝕙𝕖 𝕙𝕒𝕕 𝕒 𝕤𝕚𝕕𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕤𝕠 𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕕, 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕦𝕟 𝕔𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕𝕟'𝕥 𝕓𝕦𝕣𝕟 𝕠𝕟 𝕚𝕥." 

 - 𝔸𝕓𝕚𝕘𝕒𝕚𝕝 𝕁

  ⇝ 

 Mason

I had managed to avoid Alex and well, pretty much everyone else in the house for the remainder of the weekend. After socking him in the face, Nico began to laugh loudly at the blood dripping from his nose and I took the opportunity to run up the stairs and lock myself in my room. I wasn't really sure why I had taken to avoiding everyone else along with Alex but it kind of just happened. For the most part, I stayed locked away in my room and only came out at night when I was sure everyone was sleeping so that I could stockpile food and drinks for the following day.

Unfortunately, however, it was now Monday and my avoidance had left me unsure of how I was going to make it to school today. Sighing, I heaved myself out bed and into the bathroom, turning the water onto the hottest temperature. As soon as steam began to fill the room, I stepped in wincing slightly as the water burned my skin. I quickly washed and shaved everything, trying to move as quickly as possible. I had purposefully set my alarm an hour before everyone else woke up in hopes that I'd be able to get ready and avoid them. The walk to school was going to take about thirty minutes which would mean if I left in the next twenty minutes then I'd arrive around thirty minutes early but honestly, I didn't care if I was an hour early.

I could only assume that Alex was beyond pissed about the fact that I had punched him. I mean, who wouldn't be? I hadn't even realized what I was doing until my fist had already connected with his nose. It's not like he didn't deserve it, it's just that I wasn't much of a violent person. My knuckles ached as I slung my backpack over my shoulders. My face was clear of any makeup and my hair was still damp but I really didn't have any time to do anything because I was already reaching my allotted twenty minutes. I opened my door slowly, peeking my head out to look both ways making sure the hallway was clear. I stepped out of my room quietly, making sure to tiptoe down the stairs. I froze as I heard voices coming from the kitchen.

Crap. Crap. Crap.

I cringed as the light tapping my shoes made against the marble floors. Footsteps began to echo through the hallway letting me know someone was coming direction. I quickly pulled open the door, doing my very best close it as quietly as possible before running down the driveway and a good way down the sidewalk. I was breathing heavily and I had literally run less than a minute. Damn, I need to start working out. I hunched over my hands on my hips heavy breaths forcing themselves out of my mouth. Once I had finally begun to breathe normally, I continued my walk, shivering slightly from the chill wind and my wet hair wasn't helping the fact.

By the time I rounded the corner with the school finally in sight, My fingers were numb and teeth were chattering uncontrollably. I pulled my phone out of my pocket, checking the time which unfortunately let me know that I still had fifteen minutes until they opened the doors and allowed students in. Sighing, I continued over to the stairs, taking a seat on one of the steps and pulled the drawstrings on my hood tighter, practically pulling the entire thing closed. My entire body was shivering by the time I hear the door unlock just as students began driving into the carpark.. I stood up slowly, my limbs nearly completely numbed from my poor clothing choice of leggings and a t-shirt topped with a hoodie. Honestly, I didn't think it'd be that cold but apparently, I couldn't have been more wrong. My fingers burned as I gripped the handle and pulled open the heavy door with slight difficulty.