Unrequited

"𝕀 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕥𝕠 𝕗𝕝𝕚𝕣𝕥. 𝕀'𝕞 𝕘𝕠𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕠 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕒𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕦𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕝 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕞𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕪 𝕞𝕖."

  ⇝ 

 Mason

"I just want you to know that I don't like you." I grumbled as we made our way back through the darkened halls.

"You're a really bad liar."

I snorted. "I'm not lying you flipping twit."

"Whatever you need to tell yourself."

"Whatever you need to tell yourself." I mocked, lowering my voice in an attempt to imitate him; to which he looked at. "Stop staring at me buttface." I grunted.

"How old are you again?"

"Forty five." I deadpanned.

"You sure have a nice rack for a forty-five year old." he snickered. Did he just say I had a nice rack? I quickly wiped the smirk off my face quickly and quickly switched it to a look of distaste. "What? That was supposed to be a compliment." He defended.

"You need to learn how to give a proper compliment."

"How is that not a proper compliment?" He made sure to imitate my accent whilst he said proper.

"I don't know." I mumbled, climbing into the passenger side of his car. "Just not something about my chest."

He looked over at me as he started his car making me feel slightly uncomfortable. I wasn't the biggest fan of having people look at me for extended amounts of time. "You're beautiful."

I blinked a few times, my brain trying to process if he had actually just said that I was beautiful. Then suddenly, I remembered the conversation we were previously having. "Yes, that would be a proper compliment." I practically whispered, quickly pulling the seat belt over my chest as I tried to calm my overactive mind. Of course he wasn't talking directly to you, you idiot.

He continued to stare at me for a moment, not saying anything before turning back to the steering wheel and began pulling out onto the road. A uncomfortable silence set over us making me squirm. "Why were you there?" He suddenly spoke up, causing me to jump slightly.

"What?"

"Why were you at the fight? I thought we already went over the fact that you weren't supposed to be there."

"And I thought, we already went over the fact that you're not my boss and I simply do not have to listen to a thing you say." I muttered back, fed up and annoyed that we were, yet again, having this conversation. Honestly, I didn't understand why it mattered to his so much anyway.

A frustrated sigh left his lips as pulled into the driveway. "I'm not trying to be a dick Mason."

"Really? You could've fooled me." I interrupted him almost immediately.

"Would you just shut up and listen." He groaned out, his gaze flicking to me.

"Since you asked so nicely, no." I quickly unclipped my seatbelt, opened the door and stepped out.