Chapter 5

Tatsuya's POV

We watched in horror as Raynare held in her hand what looked like two small glowing crystal rings. It was the crystalized form of Asia's Sacred Gear, Twilight Healing. She looked at it with vicious eyes.

"Yes, I've been lusting after this power for years! Those miserable hearts are in the palm of my hands! Perfect."

Raynare places the rings near her chest as they floated into of her.

"............!"

The room lighted up with a green light for a few seconds, blinding us before it went back to normal. When we turned our eyes, we saw that Raynare had a bright green aura surrounding her body.

"Hahahahaha! I'll be beloved! I'll be the most powerful Fallen Angel there is! All those pricks who screw me over are going to regret it!"

"Asia...."

I looked and saw as Issei launched forward at her, full of anger.

"Oh, screw you!"

"Issei!"

"Alright, let's go!"

At that moment, a bunch of priests came out and we're heading for Issei. The priests were trying to stop him, but Kiba, Koneko, and I support him by blowing them away as he fought through them.

"I don't have time for this! Move it!"

Kiba's sword devours the light of the priest's sword, and Koneko hit the priests who has lost their weapon with one mighty hit. I used a dark flame from Caliburn, another one my blades and sliced through their numbers.

"Ha!"

"Kiba, Koneko, and Tatsuya..."

"No problem Issei, just get Asia!" I said.

"Thank you!"

Issei ran past us, heading up the stairs to get to Asia, but had to get past Raynare.

"ASIA!"

Once he ran up to her, he saw that she was tied to the cross, looking lifeless. Raynare just watched, as if she already won.

"Oh no..."

"You deserve a reward for making it this far."

With a snap of her fingers, the chains binding Asia disappeared, and she fell off of the cross as Issei caught her.

"I got you!"

"Asia....she's dead."

If removing the user's Sacred Gear meant removing their power, then that means they lose their life if what Kiba said is true.

"It's me...are you okay?"

Asia moved her head, still alive, but her life was diminishing.

"I-Issei...you came." Asia said weakly.

"Yeah, and we're not out yet, so stay with me."

"Okay..."

Asia closed her eyes again, as Raynare looked over Issei with a amused expression.

"Go ahead and take the girl, I got what I needed."

"You crazy bitch! Put her Sacred Gear right back where you found it now!"

"Issei..."

"So tough. Sorry, I had to betray my superiors to snag that little gem. Unfortunately for you, you're about to become my little dead ex-boyfriend. But the good news is, you get to die together." Raynare said as she created a light spear.