Chapter 12

Somewhere in Issei's consciousness...

"Who's there?"

"The power you possess is not of your own extent."

"Wait a minute, I know that voice."

"No measure of hard work and training can give someone that amount of strength."

"Oh yeah. I remember, you were in my dream before."

"What makes you extraordinary is the Dragon inside your soul. Do not humble yourself with weakness or the white one will laugh."

"The white one?"

"In time, he will appear. It is your destiny to stand in that field of battle and fight. But you must get stronger. If a sacrifice is made, a boom will be given in return. A gift of strength in your moment of need. But fight, show them what a dragon is!"

"What does that mean?"

"I am the Welsh Dragon, the Red Dragon Emperor-Ddraig.

"Ddraig?"

"I am what lives on your left hand!"

Suddenly, flame wrapped around Issei's left arm, his screams continuing as he woke up suddenly.

"Rias...."

In that moment, the image of what he last remembered popped into his head. Rias, embracing Riser with tears in her eyes.

"Ah!"

"Issei! You're woke!"

"I'm surprised you're awake."

In front of him, revealed Grayfia, and Tatsuya, who was sitting in a chair before standing up.

Tatsuya's POV

After the Rating Game, we had lost to Riser automatically after Rias forfeit the battle. I wished I could have done more to help, even with what magic power I had left, but making sure Asia and Issei got to safety was a priority. I had to carry Issei and Asia both at the same time, and it was difficult with her hanging from my waist since it added weight. But in short, Issei has been healing for a long while, so I been watching over him until he had recovered. Koneko, Akeno.....and Kiba, they were all okay.

"Tatsu, Ms. Grayfia. Hey, what the hell happened? How did I get here?"

"That's....." I muttered, holding my arm.

"The battle ended when Lady Rias surrendered." Grayfia said.

"We lost?"

"Yes...I'm sorry, Issei."

"Lord Riser was declared the victor."

"No way! Are you guys.... sure?"

"Yes."

"But how? There's just no way Rias would give up like that."

"Issei...."

"Does he not remember why?"

"She keep fighting no matter what!"

"Lord Riser was going to kill you. She surrendered to save your life, and young Tatsuya here brought you here to safety."

"The game...the whole thing one big blur."

"That's understandable. You did take a beating, Issei."

"You didn't give up. Everytime he knocked you down, you got right back up."

"Rias was proud, Issei. Proud of you."

("It's fine. Don't worry, I'm okay. You did your best. You made me proud. Thanks, Issei...")