Chapter 22

Inside of the shrine, Issei sat across from the Chief of Angels, Micheal on his knees, trying to get a good picture of him. He had long light blonde hair and teal green eyes, and wore what seemed to be a golden like armor top with a red robe. He had 12 wings like Azazel, but they were instead golden and retracted inside his attire. Over his head was a bright halo.

Akeno sat down in the middle of the two, completely calm while Issei was unsettled.

"This guy's Heaven's head honcho? Wait, if he's such a big deal, what's he's doing here?"

Issei then twitched a little in response to his body's shaking.

"What the hell? It feels like my skin's crawling. I don't think blondie's causing it..."

In the middle of room, a bright golden light filled the area and soon died down as in the air, a sword floated in before Issei's eyes. It had the appearance of a Holy Sword like the Excaliburs, but with a red and purple design at the grip and a golden hilt with several stylized crosses near the edge of the top and a golden line down the middle.

 It had the appearance of a Holy Sword like the Excaliburs, but with a red and purple design at the grip and a golden hilt with several stylized crosses near the edge of the top and a golden line down the middle

"Behold, young pervert." Micheal said.

"Come on, man."

"This is Ascalon. This Holy Sword has also earned another name, Dragon Slayer."

"Wow, hell of a nickname."

"It is a name that the sword's former wielder had capable earned. Many Dragons have fell to the power contained in this blade."

"That would explain why I was feeling on edge."

"Fear not, Issei Hyoudou. This weapon was send onto you from up high."

"D-Dude, for real?"

"For real indeed. In the hopes you might combine it with your Boosted Gear. I heard your reputation as the weakest host in history and hoped the might of Ascalon would give you the necessary strength in time of need."

"History's weakest? Well it's totally not for lack of trying your angelness. It still really suck to hear it though. But why would you give it to me?"

"Hear me child. The time has come for all of us to work together. Or die trying. The great war ended large scale fighting, but, as you know we still have small skirmishes."

"So you call that fight with Kokabiel a small skirmish?"

"If this is allowed to continue, all will be brought to ruin. Is it entire possible a different power may attack us in all the confusion."

"A different power? From what?"

"There are more things than Heaven and Earth that are dreamt of in our philosophy. And this upcoming summit will provide us with a great opportunity."

"Huh? For what?"

"For the three great powers to form an alliance. To put an end to years of senseless fighting."