Chapter 24

With the battle with Katerea reaching it's climax, Azazel was still trying to defeat her.

"Here! Have a gift!"

Azazel summoned several light spears, and then launched all of them at Katerea, but she blocked them with a magic circle barrier.

Meanwhile, the three Sword users were still fighting the horde of the magicians, when one tried to sneak up on Kiba from behind, only to be blasted by a dark blast. Recognizing it anywhere, he turned to see who it was.

"Thanks, Tatsuya!"

Tatsuya's POV

"No problem, Kiba!" I waved, as Rias, Koneko, Issei, Gasper and I walked towards them.

"Besides, I'll always have your back."

"Everyone okay?" Issei asked.

Once checking to see that everyone was okay, we made our way over to where Sirzechs was, still holding the barrier that was protecting our frozen friends.

"This is too dangerous, which is why I need you to take care of Gasper." Rias said.

"Alright."

"Thank you, Sirzechs." I said, bowing.

I hurried to join up with Issei and Koneko on the frontlines, who were waiting for me to come and help.

"I'm here!"

"Good. Can we kill them now?" Koneko asked.

"We're supposed to protect this area until the gate closes so let's focus on that!" Issei said.

"Then let's go take out the trash!"

As Issei boosted his power, the three of us went ahead and joined the others in battle. Rias used her power to try and hold off the magicians with protection magic, while we all take out as many as possible. In that moment,  suddenly we all heard Gasper's voice, as he had tears in his eyes.

"Rias! Tatsuya!"

"Gasper?" I asked, confused by his sudden outburst.

"Please listen, I can fight too! I wanna be a man like Tatsuya! I wanna make you all proud of me! And I wanna be worthy of you!"

"Gasper..."

"I will fight, I just have to!"

Gasper then went for the bracelet around his wrist.

"Wait, Gasper!"

"I'm gonna do whatever it takes to protect my friends!"

"You can't! Please Sirzechs, you have to stop him!" Rias yelled.

"Do something!"

"We can't let Gasper put himself in danger of using his power!"

"I can do this! Watch me! I can be a man too!"

Our eyes were blinded by a bright light coming from where Gasper was and then suddenly the gate was broken. Everyone who was frozen in time suddenly became able to move again.

"What was that?" Akeno asked.

"Any ideas what just happened?" Sona asked Tsubaki.

"I don't have a clue."

"I guess they don't remember."

"Welcome back, Sona!" Serafall cried, embracing her sister.

"Would you get off of me?!"