Side Chapter: The King's Game!

(Takes place in Volume 18)

Tatsuya's POV

With Christmas soon around the corner and the second trimester of the school year coming to an end, everyone in the Occult Research was were all meanwhile busy with our preparations. Irina was officially joining the ORC with us finally and with two members from the club graduating, we were all doing what we can to make the most of the time left until then. That was when Rias came up with a certain idea in the spirit of celebration.

"The King's Game?" Issei asked.

"Yes. I hear it's very popular in the human world for parties." Rias nodded.

Currently, the ones present were members of the Occult Research Club, including a few others such as Vali, Le Fay, Orphis, and Rosweisse, who had finished with her teaching duties soon after the ceremony has come as well.

We all gathered in the Hyoudou's residence for our meeting, in the living room. Despite all coming in casual clothing, Vali still chose to wear....that.

"Remain me why I had to come along as well?" Vali asked.

"Azazel said that it be beneficial if you stayed with us to learn about how to turn your desires into power ."

"This is how Azazel thought of our group. Or more precisely...Issei."

(Listen up, Vali. If you wish to attain a power that surpasses your imagination, you should try to get hints from Issei. Look on the bright side, Tatsuya will be there as well.)

That what Issei told me at least. Although, why did Azazel say that about me...?

"Plus, you came as soon as I asked, remember?" I asked.

"Th-That's just because I was bored," Vali replied.

"Did he just stutter? Why?"

Vali has been acting somewhat different since he started hanging out with the Gremory Group. His teammates wouldn't tell me anything as to why, and Kuroka was still after my...essences, so she wasn't much help either.

"What exactly is the King's Game? Is that something like a Rating Game?" Asia asked.

"Not exactly. You draw sticks to decide on who's the "king", and then the king gets to order anyone else to do anything they want of them," Akeno explained.

"You get to boss them around." Koneko rephased.

"That...putting it somewhat badly."

"Anything?!" Issei asked, having that look again. "So if I wanted, I could order- "

"Issei, control yourself," I muttered, knowing damn well what he was thinking.

"It had something to with breasts."

"But what do you think, Kiba?"

Kiba turned to look at me.

"I think it sounds like a great idea."

"I just hope it doesn't get out of hand," Gasper said.

"I mean, you guys know the king's orders are absolute...so anything's possible..." Ravel pointed out.

"I think it should be fun to play in." Xenovia said. "Let's give it a go."

"Count me in."

"Sounds good to me too."

With each person agreeing, it seemed like it was alright with everyone.

"Alright, so let's get started. Rias said officially.