The Things They Don't Notice

Arthur always woke up to the soothing sound of his manservant's gorgeous voice as the boy's frail fingers pulled the curtains, letting the warm morning sun soak the room in a soft light.

Merlin would then make his way around the room, putting things into order, gathering dirty clothes while putting clean ones back in the wardrobe and tugging at his friend's shoulder from time to time to make sure the lazy man wouldn't fall back asleep.

The boy always seemed so busy, yet little did Arthur know, he would always make time to steal a glance or two at the prince, a bright shade of red painting his cheeks.

°°°

Merlin would enter the dark room every morning, finding his prince buried deep into the soft sheets of his bed. He would wake him up like every other morning with the usual rise and shine, while pulling the curtains to reveal the already busy outside world.

He would then start with his usual chores that mostly implied washing, drying and then washing again at Arthur's clothes. From time to time, he would walk over to the bed and press his prince into getting up, thinking Arthur was always falling back asleep, yet little did he know, the man would take his time and watch his servant, trying his best to hide the prominent blush creeping at his cheeks.