The Way You Play

Arthur entered the big concert room quiet, as always and he sat on that one chair in the far corner, the darkest one, as always. His heart fluttered at the sight of the raven haired boy on stage and his muscles relaxed with the soothing sound of the boy's guitar, as usual. The enchanting songs felt like sweet honey pouring over his heart, like they always did.

Like all the other times, he stood completely still in the big, empty room, careful not to make a sound. He listened through all of Merlin's practice and often remained seated long after the raven left the room.

×××

Merlin allowed a small, hopefully unnoticeable smile form on his face when he saw from the corner of his eye as one of the back doors opened slightly and Arthur entered the room, like he always did. Merlin's heart raced at that point, like it always did and his fingers moved even faster on the thin strings of the school's guitar, as it always happened. Though for many it would be a distraction, the blonde's presence drove him to play at a higher tempo, with more energy and more accuracy.

As always, Merlin played until he could no longer feel his hands, stood up and left the room. Then, he'd wait outside the door for another long time, until he heard the boy stand up. He'd then sprint down the hallways and towards the buss station, as always.