With a Little Bit of Luck

So I'm in love with laopendragon's (instagram and tumblr) art I mean would you look at them?

Ok I know I have never given credit for any of the fan arts I publish with the chapters, but that's because I don't know the artists. I do need to tell you that I do NOT own them, credits to the original artists!

Also, sorry for being so late, I was on a trip!

•••

Merlin was quiet the whole time he helped his king into his armour. Of course Arthur hadn't listened to him and gave in to his uncle's sweet talk about how he had to prove himself in front of his people and the other kingdoms. Now, they were at war with an army twice the size of theirs, under the command of the queen who had lost her husband at a Pendragon's hand.

Merlin bit his tongue to keep himself from scolding the prat, knowing well that was the last thing Arthur needed right then. Of course he had tried to fix the situation so now, he was going to fight a one on one with the queen's champion who was a god damn monster.

"What the hell is up with you?" Arthur suddenly asked, not being able to take the tensioned silence for another second.

Merlin looked up at him, somehow surprised that Arthur actually gave him a chance to voice everything he's been thinking for a few days now. The blonde king looked at his friend expectantly, waiting for all the I told you so's that he was sure would follow. But Merlin decided that Arthur had learnt his lesson, so he refrained from brushing it into his face that he was right. Instead, he decided to let out the one thought that bothered him most. Arthur's safety.

"Nothing. It's just..."

There was a short pause while Merlin dwelled wether or not he should follow the course of action that his instinct dictated, but despite knowing what Arthur's reaction might be, he ended up wrapping his arms around the man's neck and pulled him close anyway.

"Good luck!" he then whispered.

His stomach clenched for a few moments when he thought Arthur really wasn't going to return the hug and he was about to pull away when the blonde man wrapped his arms around his friend's waist and back. He closed his eyes and, maybe conscientiously maybe not, nuzzled his face into the crook of Merlin's neck and tightened the grip on his body. He carefully took in everything, making sure to imprint it all into his mind. From the boy's so familiar scent, to the form of his thin frame and the surprisingly comfortable heat of his body. For some reason, Arthur had always thought Merlin to have ice cold skin. Not that it would have mattered anyway. The raven's simple presence could cause Arthur to feel like he could conquer countries with only his right hand, but sometimes, to his shame, he yearned for more. For so much more. And now, as his hands rubbed the boy's back and with those raven locks of hair tickling his neck, he truly felt invincible.

"I don't need luck, but still, thank you!" And I mean it.