Chapter 16

Isabella's pov

I doubt that I could be anymore awkward than I am at this moment. It is a bit too crowded for me. And crowded areas are not something I like.

I despise it to be quite honest.

But I do suppose that I could handle it for tonight, to please the Noah.

Let me back track a bit.
I am at a 'little' masquerade ball in honor of my arrival at the chateau.

There are many French dignitaries present tonight. All dressed in the best suits and dresses. All of which are from famous brands, just like mine.

I was practically forced into it by Edward. It was a red tight fitted gown that showed off a bit too much skin much to my displeasure.

But, however, according to Edward this is the most modest dress he has ever seen. If this is modest to him, I would really like to see what he consider revealing.

Soft music played in the background. It was classical music. I like classical music a lot but just not at this moment.

I am dancing with a middle aged man who happened to be the major of some town not to far away from here. I was being polite when I accepted his hand to dance.

I really regret doing that because right now he is evidently trying to feel me up. And it is absolutely awkward as I try to glare at him.

Thankfully another man asked if he could cut in. The older man sneered at the younger one, clearly not liking the interruption. But I however could not be anymore more happier that this torture I had to endure for who knows how long is now over.

I curtsied a little and turned to the gentleman who stopped the inappropriate act that was occurring.

"Thank you" I said to the man with dirty blonde hair.
"Its's absolutely fine. No need to thank me Belle." Said the man who I now recognized as Edward because no one else calls me by that name.

I roll my eyes and turn to walk away from the smirking man. Why the bloody hell is he always smirking. Is it a birth defect or something.

"You owe me a dance." He said.
"And why is that?" I asked with a slightly raised brow.
"Because I cut in when you were dancing with that horrid excuse of a man." He said
I sighed and then spoke, "Fine."

With that he dragged me to the centre of the dance floor and put his hands on my waist and pulled me closer. Almost every part of our bodies were touching. I don't know about him but I am bit uncomfortable. At least his hands are not roaming.

If anything, Edward looked a bit pained by his expression. If you're  wondering, he removed his mask along with mine before we could dance. He isn't even looking at me as we sway to the delicate music. He is looking past my shoulder. That's very rude if you ask me. But that's a bit hypocritical of me because I as well have not looked at him. Just looking at his sleek black tie.

***

After a couple of hours we retired for the night. Well, I did. 

I made my way to my room that was at the end of the main hallway of the third floor.

It was a spacious room. With a queen sized bed with an attached bathroom fully stocked with all the items a lady might need.

I took of my red stilleto's feeling absolutely relieved of having those death traps off. I walked towards my wardrobe to get my pjama's.

I had a lovely soothing shower. I felt so at ease now that I was not in a crowded area.

After that amazing shower I decided that it was best that I retire for the night.

**

I awoke to the light shining through the crack of the curtains. From the strength of the light I believed it was going to be a bright sunny day.

I stretched in bed and turned over to reach for my phone when I noticed a piece of paper folded in half atop my phone.

I reached out for it. I sat upright in my bed and opened up the note which had familiar handwriting.

'Get ready, we're going shopping.'
____________________________________

A/N:

Thank you so much for getting me these rankings. It means alot to know that my book is getting ranked.

 It means alot to know that my book is getting ranked

Again thank you so much. ❤