The Ruff Bird AU

(Katalu) Katakuri is a lonely Territorial with no Satellites or females, finding a Faeder in Totto land was something he'd never forget

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Katakuri marched around the border of his territory, meticulously scanning every detail in his surroundings, hoping to catch any signs of movement.

This mating season has been going down in flames.

Mama was always very pushy about attracting as many females as they could to Totto land around this time of year, but unfortunately females have been especially scarce this time around, causing quite the stress on everybody.

Most of Linlin's sons were identified as Territorial males, Katakuri himself included, and since nobody wanted to get along, their constant bitching over territories and fighting with each other drove all the willing females away.

It was a mess.

Mama was livid with the lack of progress, more so than ever, she wanted more grandchildren pronto.

As such the patriarch refused to let any of them rest, demanding them to put the expansion of their empire as first priority.

And Katakuri has, just like every year, but no matter how many rounds he made, no matter how appealing he tried to present himself to be, no females whatsoever would show for him.

By this time, some of his younger siblings with their Satellite charms have been able to lure in a few happy mates, and the other Territorial males with their Satellite entourages have achieved some progress as well.

But Katakuri still hasn't snagged a single mate, not one, in his entire life.

It seems compared to his less dominating brothers, he was a more intimidating male to approach, too frightening and aggressive to entice the ladies, and Satellite males seemed to avoid him as well with the lack of females in his territory.

It was a hole he couldn't find his way out of.

If only there were Faeder males around, no doubt that would have to get him some attention.

But that would have to be a miracle in itself, Faeders were rare, extremely uncommon, enough to be considered cryptids even, but for one to actually wander so far into Totto land- to get into his territory without being claimed by any of his more appealing brothers or sisters first?

Yeah that wasn't very probable.

Sighing drearily with the reality of his current situation hanging over him, Katakuri was about to march back into the inner confines of his proclaimed land until a familiar figure leaned out of the shadows.

"Pudding?" Blinking back at his younger sister, Katakuri glanced to the outline of the trees poking from a distance- the place where the female usually resided, in deep thought.

What was his sister doing so far away from Cracker's territory, which was near the center of Totto land? Did Mama know she was gone?

"What are you doing here?" Seeing his younger sibling hesitate for a brief moment, she soon got over it and stepped into his territory, albeit cautiously.

So even his siblings were weary of him..

"I came to tell you some good news" he quirked a brow, what was so amazing that Pudding would travel all this way?

"Are the production of eggs going up?" The brunette froze before flaring up in embarrassment.

"N-No! Well, y-yes! But that's not exactly what I'm here to tell you about!" The redhead remained silent as she got over her flustered state, "i-it's Mama! She's hatched another egg this year!"