Missing You

(Katakuri X Male! Reader) After returning from a week-long mission away from Totto land, you come back home to realize your super independent, powerful, dominating husband might need you a little more than you first thought. On the flip-side, Katakuri realizes upon your departure just how important you were to him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You smiled feeling relief flood your veins seeing Komugi island.

Just a little while ago you finally finished your report to Mama, and wonderfully enough the woman was greatly pleased with your success- which would probably only make her want to send you on more missions.

You on the other hand, were more eager to get back home, start dinner, and see your extraordinary husband again after such a long week of endless fighting and sailing and plundering.

You blushed pleasantly at the thought of your amazing husband, he was a superhuman- so powerful, so cool, so precious, so cute!

Katakuri was the world to you, even if he didn't exactly treasure you as you did to him.

Obviously it was a political marriage of the highest importance to have drawn men like you two together, Mama was aware of how powerful you were and how crafty your family was- as such she made sure nothing could be tested by giving you her god perfect son as the ultimate way to secure you.

While you literally turned into a weeb before his arousing might- by god that man was sexy, Katakuri trusted you more than anyone else.

And that was enough, that meant the world to you.

Katakuri never went far with you, he would hold your hand occasionally, pet your head, he ate with you- which you thought was the greatest honor to ever have- he was gorgeous! He would confide in you for advice once in a while, and that was pretty much it.

He only ever kissed you on the forehead during sweet moments together, and the Charlotte wasn't the cuddly type.

But the evident trust and respect he held in you was worth more than gold, all the gold in the Grandline.

As such, in small attempts to become the worthy husband of such a handsome prince, you did all the housework, inadvertently took responsibility for all the paperwork involved with the management of Komugi island, and sometimes took charge of Katakuri's merienda whenever he was having an especially rotten day.

Which you honestly preferred against all the fighting and rushing about on some random island, staying in the warm house cleaning and cooking was much nicer.

And soon you would finally return to your home on Komugi island.

You wondered how Katakuri would greet you back, most likely with a pat on the head, and then he'd look down at you as if he could see through you and congratulate you on keeping up with Mama's expectations.

Then you two wouldn't talk about the matter again, Katakuri would sit patiently at the table as you cook dinner.

Your cheeks rosied at the thought, yeah- you were thinking about making an especially delicious, richly flavored soup tonight.

"(Y/n)-sama!" Blinking at the cry, you turned, first drawn aback by how quickly the ship made it to the island while you were daydreaming away, next you blinked down stupidly to see the mayor of the port town staring up at you.

Ah, you could never remember his name, "oh, you! Uh- what is it?"

Hopping off the ship and landing on the port effortlessly, you had to bend a little much considering you were well near the height of your husband- just a tad shy by a couple dozen centimetres or more.