Our Saving Grace

(Charlotte Family X Reader) Nobody said a word, but they all knew, they lived in hell. Every day they suffered in silence. Until you.

(Title by AnimePotato2)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It all started out innocently enough..

You were a simple, unfortunate goer-by who just so happened to have crossed into the sweet queen's waters on accident.

However, accident or not, you were caught intruding on her territory, and the ticket to leave was certain death.

So, with nowhere else to go, you resigned yourself as a servant given to Sweet Commander Cracker.

The life there wasn't as bad as you feared, Cracker wasn't home often due to the many responsibilities thrown onto him by his mother, and that left you and the other maids to busy yourselves with household chores and idle tasks.

When he was home however..

You winced as a maid was backhanded across the room, the blow was harsh, merciless, and her head cracked open against the recently polished walls, the only evidence left from such an impact were shallow cracks along the surface.

As bits and pieces of ceramic crumbled around the crown of her head, a pool of blood steadily bloomed until the top of her white apron was stained a dirty, dark red.

Just like that, one of your co-workers was sent to the grave.

Glancing over at Cracker, you watched with furrowed brows whilst the man huffed and puffed himself haggard, only keeping himself from flying into a tantrum by the very seams of his self-restraint.

All because she naively addressed his wounds and suggested he go to the physician.

Clutching himself angrily, your master clawed at the bandages circling around his head, only to hiss and jump at the rough touches, leaving red to drip through the white threads shortly after.

All of the other servants have long since fled the room, each one retreating back into their personal quarters to hide from his pained rage.

All of them except you.

Cracker didn't notice you yet, too busy cussing up a storm and wallowing in the agony consuming his body, his nerves, and in an almost poetic way, his mind.

You knew he wasn't fond of pain, and it made you sad to see him suffer.

No matter who it was, watching others in pain made your skin crawl in discomfort, it put a distasteful curl to your lips, perhaps it was a phobia of some sorts.

You were a nurturer by nature.

You knew Cracker was only home when his mother commanded him to, it was not unlike sending him to a time-out for bad behavior or a failed performance.

And like the child he was, he threw a tantrum about it, however, this time he was wounded, and that fanned the flames.

Deciding that the housing would just end up ruined if he continued, you made the first move and stepped forwards.

The clicking of your shoes against marble caught the Charlotte's attention, and all of his furious haki pulsed down on you.

"The hell you looking at?!"

Cracker flexed dangerously, flashing the sword attached to his hip as a silent threat.

Making a point to not give the blade any attention, you didn't let your (E/c) eyes wander from his own golden globes.