Fate Holds No Power

(Hero! Luffy X Villain! Reader) You didn't want to be the villain, and he didn't want to be the hero. So fuck destiny.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You- You guys what?!"

Watching Zoro with a tired expression, you glanced at Luffy as he just laughed in between bites and chomps of his food.

The greenie unceremoniously spilled half of his grog in his shock, and if that wasn't bad enough, it also just happened to spill on a poor bar maid who was walking by at the wrong time.

"Oh!" Crying out as the booze splashed over her uniform, the bar maid stopped in her tracks and analyzed the damage with a hopeless look over her delicate features.

You took it upon yourself to apologize to the unfortunate woman as Zoro continued to sputter and choke in his shock, and Luffy just didn't give a damn and continued to laugh.

These boys..

"You guys-!" Finally gathering his wits, Zoro paused in his words and tipped the mug over to see what was left inside, only to grimace at what you guessed was a minuscule amount.

Turning back to the two of you, he glazed over you both with new eyes, looking in between the two of you as if searching for something that should've been there.

Which you are sure is not.

"You guys are the destined villain and hero?" Rolling your eyes, a subtle twitching sensation came upon your arms at the word, ugh.

Destined..

Luffy groaned, much more honest with his disdain then you, "ugh, all that destiny bullshit is nothing but bullshit.."

Draping his upper body over the table, Luffy stared off into space, leaving you to answer the rest of the questions Zoro would no doubt be asking.

However, to your amazement, the teen just gave you a few blank looks before guzzling up the remainder of his beer.

"Aren't you two supposed to.. like.. hate each other or something?"

The question was half assed, and anyone who was paying attention could tell he was clearly more interested in sucking away any of the residue left against the sides of his mug then recieving an actual answer.

But you loved to talk anyway, and it always rubbed you the wrong way when people kept assuming you two didn't get along.

"No, we don't hate each other, we're partners" Luffy perked up at your statement and jumped up to wrap his arms around your shoulders.

"Yeah! Partners in crime!" Shouting that out like he was proud of that, you just snorted at his spontaneity.

"We're more like a couple of aspiring heroes then partners in crime with all the shit we've been getting away with" pushing him away, you turned away with a blush.

Freeing slaves, rescuing those in need, giving a massive 'fuck you' to the corrupt church and it's power mad ringleaders.

Yeah, the two of you have been busy since your first interaction.

In fact, Zoro was just another guy who got tangled up in your latest shenanigans.

Zoro just nodded, and suddenly you felt a small attachment form to this man, he was the first to react so casually, and you really liked how it looked like he gave zero fucks.

You could totally stand this man.

Luffy gave you a look of disapproval from your comment, shaking his head vehemently, the teen stuck out his tongue, "no! Partners in crime sounds cooler!"