Five

Emerald
"Ignore the queens," Natasha told me. We were walking to college and I had the strongest feeling that those girls would be waiting for me. I wasn't wrong. All of them were there, waiting for me as if I had a valuable something for them.
Was Leon that much worth it?
"There you are," Sierra sang. She smiled warmly at me, so did few other girls Mia and Amy not been two of them. I wasn't their favorite and they weren't my favorite too.
"How are you?" Sierra asked me.
I faked a smile. "I'm good."
"How's that little adorable girl?" Rebeka asked.
"She's good," I said.
I counted the seconds. One. Two. Three. Four.
"So," Helen started, "you are coming to my  party, right?"
I shook my head. That was the truth. I had no intention of going to any party that week, not until I figured out where my brain was.
"Why?" Helen wanted to know.
"Do you understand that if you won't come," Raiqa said, "that gorgeous guy won't come too."
I chuckled. "Is it me that you want? Or Leon?"
"Both of you," Helen replied, a complete lie.
"Actually," Mia said. "I want Leon."
"You have a boyfriend," Mia said.
"Don't you?" Amy asked.
"Our relationship is on a string," Mia said. "Won't it be good to search for a new guy before everything explode."
"Now shut up all of you," Helen said. "That guy is mine. I was the one who declared him first. He is mine and mine alone."
It was interesting, to see them arguing all for a guy who had disappeared from the world, who had ran away with my memories. I turned to leave.
"You have to bring him," Helen said.
"Or else what?" Natasha asked for me.
"You will regret it," Helen threatened.
Some time back I would have trembled at their threat, but that day I wasn't scared. I had no idea if it was because of my current situation or I really had changed. The mysterious Leon made me change. He made me fearless. How I wish I could see him.
I took Natasha's hand and we walked away.
"What shall we do, Natasha?" I asked. She seemed to be my only hope. "I wa thinking of going to that mental department."
"Why?" she wanted to know. "You are not mad, Emerald. I have a perfect somebody for you."
"And who's that?" I asked. I needed to know.
"Just be patient," she replied. "I want to talk to her today. She won't refuse."
I wondered who she was. I trusted Natasha. I trusted her fully and I knew she would help me.

Natasha
Emerald was my best friend since my childhood. I had done her badly that night of my birthday and I still regretted it. To make up for what I did, this was the only thing I could do. Help her in this current situation.
I remember, the first time I saw that guy, Leon, my heart went afire. He was just too gorgeous to be real and he seemed like a man from another planet. He seemed foreign, and his unique accent, a deep sexy voice that would wake you up from a tangible sleep proved it. Inside me, I couldn't imagine how Emerald came across that man, the man that drove the Queen's insane. And that was when I started hating my new group. They thought that we were too cheap for guys like Leon and that one of them must have him. They degraded us, and I hated it. And I wanted Emerald's relationship with Leon to continue.
When Emerald couldn't remember a thing about Leon, I knew I had to help. I knew that no doctor would cure her, because this wasn't any sort of dementia, nor was it a shock or a mental disease. They were acts of the supernatural, and to help her I had to go to a person with supernatural power. To be honest, Emerald didn't like her and thought her a witch only, which was the reason I didn't tell her openly who I was taking her too. She was my aunt, who spent years in Egypt and had a PhD in Astronomy and stuffs like that. She was good with cards and zodiac signs and she could read the hands and tell you the past and the future. I knew she would help.
"Natasha," she said the moment I walked in her house. It was a tiny house outside town, decorated with weird pictures and different signs. She smiled warmly. I smiled back too. I sat on a chair opposite her. There was a coffee table and I was surprised to find two cups of coffees.
"You had a visitor?" I asked her.
"No," she told me. "I knew you would come. The signs showed me."
"You are so cool," I told her.
"Apparently not everyone thinks so," she told me, "especially that friend who now needs my help."
"Please, help her," I begged. "She will thank you later. Please, help her."
"Of course I will," she said. "Bring her here tomorrow, and I will help her. I need to look at her, read her hands probably, play some cards, so that I can help her."
I smiled. I knew she could help. She was my only hope.
And I also knew that Emerald would never say no. She was too desperate that it hurt me. I hated seeing her that way.

Please be free to tell me what you think of the story. What do you think will happen next? Also, why not telling me what you want to happen? A happy ever after for Leon(Leandra) and Emerald? Let me now in your comments.
Very important: Don't forget to VOTE.
Kindly read my other story, The Fury, and vote for it too.
To know more about my social life, check me in Facebook at Sekela Kampeni and Instagram at Sekaywrites.
Thanks xooooo much for reading