Nineteen

Leandra
I walked into the ship. Everyone was surprised to see me. I had returned mysteriously as I had left. I threw them some smiles as I made my way to the studio. I found that they had already been told that I had returned.
"You bad son," mother said standing up and slapping me. "Where the hell where you? You wanted me to die of pressure?"
"I knew you were safe, son," father told me. "But Princes don't disappear like that."
"I had to make things right," I said truthfully. "Sometimes right decisions are the hardest to make. I'm sorry father."
"And mother," mother shouted making everyone laugh. "And of course everyone."
I exchanged quick greetings with everyone else and was soon given the updates of things which had happened. I was given files to work on and quickly retired to my office. I worked for some time making a few calls here and there, asking for details and giving out orders. I was back to normal, as others could have said, no one knowing the secret that I had. It was a deep secret that among the people of Jahanet, only Mr. Finn knew. I was married to her, Emerald Vent, a person of earth. I was officially a married man. The only heir to the throne, who would officially be King in a year and a half time was married secretly to a human girl. He was bringing them a Queen not among the people of Jahanet but an alien.
Later that day as we were having the last meal of the day with some important people, I asked to return to Jahanet for a week, saying that I need some rest. No one asked any questions, but said that I really deserve a vacation. No one asked where I was in earth or how I finished things with Emerald. It was like they were afraid to ask, afraid that it would trigger something. I suspected that they wanted me to speak first, and I promised myself that I never would do that.
The next day, I was flown to the planet. A large number of people gathered to receive me at the port. I got in the car which took me straight to the hotel that I would be staying for vacation. I was there for a very special reason.
The next day, I decided to go to the swimming pool as I had been instructed. It was when I respected Mr. Finn among everyone else. It was when I realised that Mr. Finn was a man of another level. There swimming in the pool was Melody. She was beautiful. Beautiful as she gracefully dived in the water and swam. I noticed that many people were looking at her, and some were even trying to talk to her. I saw how she ignored all but the kids. She was beautiful a she played with them and made them laughed. She was indeed beautiful. Only I was watching her for a different reason.
She stepped out of the pool and went to sit down, taking out a phone out of a pouch and started taking selfies. She indeed was attractive. I walked up to her. I had a notebook for  a reason. Mr. Finn had already told me that apart from the security guards following her around, she had a sensor inserted in her body. Her father did that for a reason.
"Hello Melody," I greeted her giving her the notebook.
She hesitated, looking at me then the notebook. She read what I had written, I know you have a sensor inserted in you. I need your help though.
"Hello," she said nodding. She finally took the notebook and a pen and started scribbling.
"You are staying in this hotel?" I asked.
"I live close by," she told me. She gave me the notebook. I read what she had written, okay, but I have security guards all around me. I'm afraid I won't be of much help. "What about you? I thought you had disappeared, then you returned? What happened? Why did you return?"
"You won't understand," I told her, scribbling down. "I love  her." I wrote down, I'm secretly married to her. I need you to help me. Pretend that we are dating till the coronation. I want to change the law. "I returned for my planet, and mum and dad. But still, I love her."
"I understand," she said. I saw her brightening up as she read what I wrote, "a similar thing happened to me. He was my first love. But no one here understand me. My father, he thinks I'm insane."
"I understand you, Melody," I told her. "I need to forget. I don't know how I'll do it."
"Me neither," she said. She was scribbling something on the notebook.
"Can we be friends?" I asked her. "You are the only one who understands me, Melody. With you, I can talk freely. You know, it hurts more when it just stays inside. With you, its like, I don't know. Please, Melody."
"Okay," she said giving me back my book. "I need to forget too. I need to understand that it's over. Maybe, this is the time to move on. Let's help each other, Prince Leandra."
I read what she has written, Okay, I agree. My love is there, so is my mum. You are a guardian angel, Prince Leandra.
"Just call me, Leandra," I told her.
"Okay," she said.
"So you love swimming, right?" I asked her.
"I do that to pass time," she replied.
"And what are you doing tonight?" I asked her.
"I'll be at home," she said.
"I'll be here for a week," I told her. "I'm new to this town. Can I take you out to dinner? Then please give me company for this week, I'll really need it with someone I can talk too."
"Okay," she told. "I don't even need to go home. I never ask permission from that man who stole my happiness."
"He meant well," I told her. "He loves you so much. Please, I bet it hurts him to see you giving him a cold shoulder. Give him a chance, for me. Remember, we are trying to move on."
"I've got a sensor in me," she said, as if to inform me.
"Oh shoot," I pretended to be surprised.
She laughed, "its okay. Okay, I'll try with him."
And just like that I made friends with Melody.
Our deal began.