Seventeen

Watcher
"Where is my son?" Queen Emeline was crying now. She had never been seen crying in public before. That day, she was. She was standing in front of the cell that Natasha and Ms. Olily were. Somehow she believed that they would lead her to his only son. "Where does your father stay?"
"In earth," Ms. Olily replied. "And I won't be of much help till you let us out."
"Shut up," Queen Emeline screamed. "Your father is the reason for all this."
"Actually," Natasha said, "you are. You started it by mistreating Emerald. Who do you think she is? Some doll? A robot? Specimen?"
"If you don't watch your mouth," Queen Emeline threatened, "you will  rot in this cell."
"I'm sure Leandra will die happily in earth too," Natasha said, "dear, just let me out. I'll miss out my best friend's wedding."
It made the queen hiss. A marriage? To some random girl in earth? No way. She wouldn't permit that as long as she stayed queen.
Where could he be?
"We will let you go," King Luce who was behind her said, "under one condition. You will be inserted a sensor inside your bodies. We need Prince Leandra and your father Mr. Finn within a week. If not, we will kill you, wherever you are."
It was an order. Soon afterward, someone came to take them out of the cell and took them to the laboratory. A microchip was inserted in their arms and then taken to a ship which soon flew then to earth.
"This is a trap," Ms. Olily said when she stepped on earth. "They are listening to our every conversation. When you talk to Emerald, they will know. We have to be clever."
"How?" Natasha asked.
"Letters and texts and notes," Ms. Olily answered. "That is the only way."

Queen Emeline listened to the short conversation between Ms. Olily and Natasha. She sighed. She, like everyone else had thought that Ms. Olily wouldn't work it out that their conversations as well as movements were recorded. They had just proved themselves cleverer and more dangerous. Being people of their words, they couldn't catch them again. They had to wait  for a week.

Prince Leandra had asked to talk to Mr. and Mrs. Vent. Mr. Finn was there too. It was Mr. Finn who did most of the talking. Mrs. Vent believed and trusted Mr. Finn more. He had explained the whole truth to them and it was understood. Yet, Mrs. Vent seemed worried.
"How do we know you will return?" Mrs. Vent asked. " Prove it to is. Do something that will make us believe you."
Prince Leandra thought for a moment. Then he said the only thing that he had dreamed to do. It wouldn't be as he had wished, but it was worth it. It was the only thing.
"I will marry her," he announced.
Even Mr. Finn was surprised.
"We don't believe in divorce," he explained. "She will be my wife, and when things get critical, I'll announce it to them. They won't be able to touch her since she will be under protection." He stood up then knelt down before them, "please, Mr. and Mrs. Vent, allow me to marry your daughter."
They didn't argue.

Queen Emeline stared at the screen showing the graph which represented the results of Prince Leandra's mission. It was rapidly going down that it even triggered the alarm.
"Something is wrong," Madam Miranda stated.
"Perhaps my son is returning," Queen Emeline said hopefully. No one argued or said anything else. They knew that Queen Emeline wanted her son back and would do anything. They watched the graph for some time, recording and making phonecalls concerning it. They even called Milka who gave them feedbacks about what she did. Suddenly the graph stopped going down. It stayed the same for some time then it started slowly going up. It continued rising till it reached the maximum peak again. Queen Emeline sighed. So did everyone else. It meant that things were alright again.