Twenty

Melody
I walked into the house. I was coming from the port to see Leandra off. He had flown back to the ship after his vacation week being over. It was fun to be around him. I was free with him too and I liked him as a friend. With him, I even sent secret messages to my love in earth, a man called Imran who I love beyond words. I had met him in one of my missions and I loved him since day one. He helped me look for my mum. We were very close when dad found us. Mr. Finn couldn't do anything. I hadn't asked him much as Leandra had. But with Leandra, I knew my dreams would come true. I could see it. It was close.
I sat on the sofa and stared dreamily at the TV. It wasn't even on. I was lost in my thoughts.
Dad's voice distracted me.
"You are very happy," he said.
I tried to hide the smile. I couldn't. He thought it was for Leandra.
"I like him too," he said. "I think now it's time we remove the sensor. I can see it's stopping you from moving on."
I stood up quickly and ran to him, throwing him a hug as I dissolved into soft laughter. He laughed too. I knew he thought the happiness was for Leandra. He was very wrong.
"I love you, daddy," I told him as I let him go.
"I love you too," he said. "I was doing this for you. See now? See? I think it was destiny really. You share the same history which makes it even more wonderful."
I made no reply.
I was more than happy when the sensor was removed.
Mostly, I was a girl of the spotlight because of my looks, but now the cameras and microphones followed me for something else, Leandra. Our week together had drawn the media's attention. Apart from that, Leandra came to visit me as much as he could. Sometimes he would come for to only have lunch with me. It only looked lunch but through that time, I would use it effectively on Leandra's device to contact with Imran. I loved it.
I knew there were so many people with cases like us. Maybe we were the only two brave enough about it. And maybe, our ancestors knew better.
We were young. First love was driving us insane. Love was making us blind. We didn't see anything else. We were drown in this monster which devoured our hearts and had filled our brains. We didn't think twice about sitting down and try to wonder what could be wrong about these relations. We didn't know the history of the laws.
Of course, secrecy helped our work being effective, but love was not helped, uncontrolled. You couldn't decide who to fall in love with. Then if we were truly people of the shooting stars inside, why should we let a heart shatter?
I couldn't think any more. I was afraid my head would hurt. It had hurt a lot before. It had hurt with me thinking of a way out of this mess. A way to heal my shattered heart. A way to cease this torturing pain.
I didn't know, until I heard of a similar case with Prince Leandra. I had been excited about it. Even though it was dealt in secrecy, somehow it still managed to leak to the public. I was curious to know how it was ended. Then he had disappeared to earth. I secretly had wished to have disappeared with him.
He returned, claiming he had solve everything. I wished to meet him to see how he did it. And I did, only to know of the terrible lie, a deadly secret he had. He was lying to the whole planet, deceiving it badly, for the girl he truly loves, an ordinary girl on earth. And it made me wonder, should I be proud or worried? Should I congratulate and encourage him or be upset? Should I keep quiet or expose him? Should he be trusted enough with the planet, since his  greatest weakness is that girl. I wondered what would happen of our enemies hear of it.
I couldn't think much. I only hoped for the best.
I loved and hated that I was a major part of his plan. He was using me. I had accepted to be used.
When it happened with me and Imran, I was mad at my father and the whole planet. Father had robbed my happiness and mum's. I was angry. But I am just an ordinary girl in Jahanet,  exclude my unwanted fame. Now the same thing happening to Prince Leandra made me look at the other side of this matter. Were our ancestors wrong?