Fifteen

Watcher
"Prince Leandra is gone," someone shouted in the ship.
Chaos rose. Was he gone, like disappeared, or that he had just left to somewhere and would return or was he dead?
"Where did he go?" someone else asked.
No one knew. They had already searched for hours and he wasn't anywhere. They had even checked the Jahanet ports just in case he had gone there. The responses were the same, that no one had seen him anywhere.
"Where is my son?" Queen Emeline shouted at the head of the security department. "You must know where he is."
The head of the security department, Gen. Fabian didn't have anything to answer. Queen Emeline sighed and looked around at the security officers.
"The CCTV cameras went dark for some time," a security officer, Laura said. "For a minute. Not all CCTV cameras. We followed the pattern and we guessed this is the path he took." She spread out a paper on the table. All that were present stood around the table in order to take a look. Laura continued, "he went outside the ship. We have checked with Jahanet, they haven't seen him there. But surprising  enough, what happened with the CCTV cameras here also happened at the Jahanet base on earth." She paused as she let everyone absorb the news. She added, "we are sure he went to Earth."
There was a total silence for a few seconds. Dr. Kingston, who was also there said, "I got a notification that our mission had passed highly. That means Emerald is happy again."
"No, no, no," muttered Vanessa. "The security people needs to be fired, all of them."
"We first need to know how he escaped," King Luce said, "then we will only fire the one responsible."
"We need to return him here," Vanessa suddenly yelled. She had already lost her power to speak normally. Anything came out as a sullen whisper or a frantic shout. "He can't just be left on earth kissing some loser earth girl. No."
"Calm down, Vanessa," Duchess Darlene told her. "We are all stressed out, okay."
"And you don't shout to the king," Queen Emeline told her angrily. "Tell me who is more hurt, me or you? All you care about is the throne. Tell me, what do you intend to do to Jahanet? Or is it the fact that you will be the Queen and above all? Sometimes, I just hate you, Vanessa."
"You don't know what I did for this," Vanessa yelled again. "You don't know what I did."
"Get out," Gen. Oleander and King Luce commanded at the same time.
"And when I see you again," Gen. Oleander said, "may you have your manners."
Vanessa swore and left.
"Please forgive her," Duchess Darlene apologized, "she has just panicked, that's it."
"That is not important now," Queen Emeline cut her short. "We need to figure out something to be done."
"Let me make a call to earth first," Laura said. She was young, active, bright and very promising. She didn't like Vanessa. A long time ago, Prince Leandra almost had an affair with her. She was rejected by the royal family due to her background. Despite her intelligence and a perfect character, she was from a very poor family and her mother was a prostitute. She had never seen her father, but rumors were he was a drug dealer who ended up dying in prison. No one would allow a daughter of a prostitute and a drug dealer to be the queen of the whole planet. That was how they had chosen Vanessa instead. When Queen Emeline looked at her now, she wished Laura didn't have the poor background and  be chosen for her son instead.
Laura made a call to earth and kept it on loudspeaker. The talk was a quick short one. Everyone had seen him arriving alone, with a helicopter.  The helicopter was a very old one with old signs and the initials "FN" drawn on the left side. He had left with Emerald and her family. As usual, the CCTV cameras went dark on the path that he had taken.
Laura logged on to the computer and looked up for the helicopter with the initials provided. There it was. It were the helicopter used by Mr. Finn when he went to his missions.
"I should have guessed," King Luce said, "but how did he come to contact with our son?"
"Its obvious," Dr. Kingston said, "we have her daughter, so he helped our son."
"I can't detect where he had gone," Laura said.
"Let's blackmail him," Gen. Oleander suggested, "that if we don't get our son back in three days, we kill his daughter."
"But he didn't kidnap him," Nancy suddenly spoke up. All eyes turned to her. She hesitated then went on, "he went willingly."
"How do you know, Nancy, the love expert?" Queen Emeline questioned.
"I'm sorry," Nancy first apologized. "I'm sorry for what I'm about to say."
"Please proceed," King Luce commanded him.
"Vanessa wanted to make an end of Emerald," Nancy said. Everyone gasped.
"You are lying," hissed Duchess Darlene. "You are making-"
"Proceed please," King Luce interrupted Duchess Darlene.
Nancy's face had already turned pale and her eyes were wide with something like fear. Even her voice slightly trembled when she spoke, "she believed that if Emerald die of something else rather than the wish, everything will go back to normal."
Laura plugged in earphones into her device and started listening to something. Nancy went on, "she paid someone to do it."
"Proof please," Duchess Darlene shouted. "You know I can get you fired."
"You know, I'm beginning to believe," Madam Miranda said. "Vanessa is capable of doing such a thing."
"You are all pathetic to believe the tale," Duchess Darlene told everyone. "I bet she had done some evil and blaming it all on my innocent daughter."
"Actually," Laura said, "I hacked into the Jahanet Communication Authority and Vanessa did make many calls to earth. She did pay a doctor to kill Emerald."
Everyone was silent. Duchess Darlene suddenly moved to the computer and unplugged the earphones. She pressed play and the whole conversation was there.
"She is actually making a call now," Laura said.
They listened to that conversation. Vanessa's voice was heard clearly through the speakers, shouting at someone. "What have you done? Why didn't you do it sooner? I will get you fired and thrown to jail, and your wife too. And I will make the life of your children a living hell. You know, I'm almost a Queen of Jahanet and capable of doing anything. I swear you will suffer."
The call ended. Everyone turned to Duchess Darlene. She was lost of words. She couldn't eye anyone.
"I knew no medical cure will treat her," Nancy went on. "I knew only Prince Leandra alone will wake her up from the comma and that her time is limited. I made contact with Mr. Finn."
No one said anything to her. It sounded crazy, that they had looked for Mr. Finn for thirty five years and now this lady said that she made contact with him.
"How?" Dr. Kingston asked.
"I had never done it before," Nancy said. "But I learnt astronomy, and you can make telepathic contact with someone. You make, you have no idea if the other side got a message or what, you just try. I did, I asked him for help on this, take Prince Leandra to earth to cure Emerald. She didn't deserve all this. She was suffering, and somehow, it hurt me."
"He responded?" Dr. Kingston asked.
"Yes," Nancy replied. "He only said, 'I got your message', And that was it."
Everyone went silence again. No one wanted to speak first. Finally, Gen. Oleander broke the silence.
"You are a traitor," he said. He knew it was a wrong word. Nancy had done what she thought was best. In fact she had done what was supposed to have been done but no one had the courage. She wasn't a traitor. He didn't change his words though. He continued, "you need to face punishment for your doing."
"Yes," Nancy said calmly. She stood up and took a bow, "I am resigning from my post. I had failed it. I think you should find someone who is best for it."
Queen Emeline looked at Nancy. She sighed. There was another sincere lady. Why on earth did they have to choose Vanessa a long time ago? At that moment, she completely didn't blame her son for not wanting to marry Vanessa.

Hello everyone, thanks for reading my story. Just don't forget to vote and comment what you think of it. Also, forgive me for any language mistakes. English isn't my first language but since I wish to be a full time writer, I'm trying my level best to improve.
So, just a few more chapters to finish this story. It will continue in another book. I'm not sure if it will just be a Trilogy or will turn it into a series.
Thank you💕