4

"How do these plans look?" My mother asked, but I was too busy looking out the window while my knee bounced wildly under the table. My water on the table was shaking due to the vibrations I was creating. I couldn't help the nerves that coursed through my bones. I awoke yesterday on the same couch I made a fool of myself on and fell asleep with my tail tucked between my legs. Completly defeated and utterly drunk I drifted into a slumber while William slept in his bed only ten steps away from me. When the sun seeped through the windows and pried my eyes open I realized I was alone in the spacious studio home. I was glad, but I was also pissed at myself for not being drunk enough to forget the night before events. It's only been a day since I left his respective house and returned to my own. I managed to avoid him out of embarrassment, but the exciting threat he gave me left me wanting to disobey.  I was a mess. "Hannah, Love?" I tore my gaze from the unattended to pool and looked at my mother who was holding out her plans for the garden.

"Sorry," I shook my head in a sorry excuse to get rid of a certain man. "I love these ideas, but I think there should be more grass by the pond," I said as I motioned to the area on the paper and she nodded thoughtfully before pulling the paper back to her and wrote down notes. The garden was slowly coming together and that meant another party was in the midst.

"Yes...Hello? Hellllo? Oh stupid no good technology!" I heard Olivia grumble as she tried to fiddle with the gate access panel. "I thought I told Geoff to fix the gate!" She yelled to no one in particular as she tried to forcefully push the red button that was supposed to open the front gate. She let out a huff," Mrs. Gray-"

"Hannah," My mother said in a low tone without looking away from the glasses perched on her nose as she looked through her papers. I sighed and got up and assisted to Olivia's needs. I walked up to her and smiled and she grinned back at me.

"Would you be a dear and go let in Mr.Arteaga? That gate's not opening and he has a truckload of materials for the garden," I forced my smile to stay planted and I nodded. This was the last thing I wanted to do because 1) I didn't want to see William and 2) the gate was almost a mile away and I would have to walk the whole way. I grumbled and cursed under my breath as I slipped on some black flip flops and began the long and hot treck to the gate.

I didn't stop cursing the heavens above until I saw the black gate in my sight. I also saw William leaning against the Toyota truck with his head craned back onto the window and his eyes were closed. His skin was slick with sweat and a few curly strands of hair swung low and into his eyes. He was dressed in a dark grey shirt and dark denim jeans. Was he crazy? Jeans, in this weather?

The sound of my flip-flops gave me away and his head shot up and his eyes found me in a second. I grumbled under my breath as I manually punched in the code on the gate and it unlocked. "Stupid no good gate-" I cursed under my breath as I mimicked Olivia's words. I grabbed the gate and pulled the heavy contraption open. The gears cried out as it opened and I panted softly due to its surprising weight.

My chest heaved as I looked back at the house in the distance. The heat was too much. I looked back at William getting back into his truck and I quickly made my way over to the A/C vehicle. I opened the door and climbed into the tall truck. "Sure, come on it," Wiliam said sarcastically and I rolled my eyes and moved the vents so the cold air was blowing on my sweaty skin. I shivered slightly as my skin cooled and I closed my eyes trying to compose myself. "You alright?" William asked lightly and I briefly nodded as I rested my head against the window with my eyes still closed.

"Jump the fence next time," I said and I heard him chuckle as he began to drive down the road.

"Yes because my vertical is eight feet," He quipped back,"Who do you think you are, the queen of England? Who needs a locked eight-foot gate," I found myself chuckling as well and I shrugged.

"Who knows what goes through my mother's mind when she does the things she does," I peeled my eyes open to see him glancing down my body briefly before focusing back on the road.

"Overalls huh?" He asked and I immediately touched the denim fabric of my shorts and pulled them down a bit. His threat about me showing up in my bikini washed over my mind and I wanted to make a snarky comment about it, but I just shrugged and looked back out the window.

"Do you have a problem with them?" I asked nonchalantly and he glanced over at me with a small smirk before shaking his head. He looked like he knew something I didn't and it annoyed me. I narrowed my eyes,"What?"I demanded to know what was so funny to him, but he didn't budge.

"Nothing, little girl," He said and my eyes were in slits now as I glared at him. I hated that name. I wasn't a little girl!

"Don't call me that!" I snapped and I was shocked with the attitude I had. His smirk dropped and I saw his hands tighten around the steering wheel. I tensed at his change in body language and I panicked slightly when he slowed the truck to a stop. He looked over at me with dark eyes and my heartbeat picked up as he glared at me. He was so intimidating and the truck now seemed way too small for my liking. Walking didn't seem like that bad of an idea.

"Watch that attitude of yours, little girl," He said in a low threating tone and I would have shut up right then and there if he hadn't added the name I despised.

"Or what!" I snapped back and he closed his eyes and took in a deep breath. His restraint was clear and that frightened me a little. What would happen if he didn't have his self-control? My fingers fumbled in my lap as I stared at him with wide eyes. My back pressed so far into my door I was afraid it would open and I would fall out.

"Or I will pull you over this god damn console and spank you till your ass is raw!" He growled out and I believed every single word he said. It scared me but excited every cell in my body. The thought of skin hitting skin followed by a sharp pain coursing through me sent a thrill over my body. I wanted to disobey him, but I didn't have the courage. When I said nothing he added,"Do you understand?"

I knew he wanted more than just me nodding so I sat up straighter and replied,"I understand," He seemed satisfied with my answer and he turned forward again.

"Good girl, Sweetheart" He praised.

Now that was a name I liked.