18

Quick filler chapter sorry it's short and rushed :(

I didn't think that side of William existed. I didn't think gentle and William would ever go together in the same sentence, but that's all I could use to describe him as he sat there with me at the piano. I would have assumed he had some alter ego and this was the nicer of the twins, but as I sat there and dissected the whole thing I realized that was the real William. The William, who up until know was so guarded all the time and would never give any hint to who he really was. There obviously was a reason he has these tall walls and I was so determined to figure out why. I knew it had to be something big because he was so mad at himself for letting his guard down. I wasn't mad he pushed me, it was an accident anyone could have saw that, well anyone, but Jack. He thought William purposefully "assaulted me" and was willing to go "raise hell on him" and I was more concerned for Jack's safety if he did that. 

"Just tell me and I'll go put him in his place!" He said and I rolled my eyes as I shut the piano lid and ran my fingers over the wood as I tried to go over what had just happened. 

"No, it was just a misunderstanding. He got some bad news and I was trying to comfort him, but I guess we aren't close enough for that," I laughed through my lie hoping it was enough to make Jack not question why William was freaking out. 

Jack nodded thoughtfully,"Yeah I guess people react like that to bad new, i get it," He nodded and I took a seat onto the sofa as I looked at the piano seat across from me. I felt the couch sink next to me and Jack began to talk about something as his arm wrapped around me, but my thoughts were still thinking about what happened. 

That moment confirmed that I, in fact, had caught feelings for that man. I know I said I wouldn't but here I was. All it took was for him to show me who he really was to confirm it. Now I just needed to get him to show me more of him. I needed to know who William Arteaga really was. I couldn't do that with Jack kissing up and down my neck. I needed to woman up and fix my problems.

"Jack," I said and he hummed as he kissed my skin. I sighed and scooted over causing his lips to fall. "Jack," I said again and looked at him and he looked at me confused," Jack, I can't do this to you anymore. You know me and you know I hate hurting people, but I can't lead you on anymore. I can't be with you like this. I only need you as a friend," His face fell into a frown and he nodded. 

"Well fuck," He mumbled as he ran his hand through his hair and he thought for a moment before nodding,"Alright, you wanna watch a movie or something?" He asked me and my eyebrows furrowed at how well he took that.

"That's it?" I asked.

"Well yeah? Yeah, it sucks cause I really like you, but I have to respect what you want and I'll still keep our friendship cause I love you," My heart clenched as I felt for him and hated hurting him. Why couldn't I recuperate his feelings? He's right here for my taking, but I guess the heart wants what it wants. I apologized to him to which he shook his head telling me not to and to shut up and pick out a movie. Jack wasn't one for feelings and was always straight to the point. I now really appreciated it cause he was a good distraction tonight. As we watched the movie I was able to decompress my emotions from today and to only focus on the comedy I picked out, but tomorrow was the day I'd get some answers no matter how hard it would be.