25

Six hours really flies when adrenalin is constantly flowing through your veins. I don't think my foot ever lifted off of the gas till I saw the "Welcome to New York" sign. If I'm being honest I think amidst my adrenalin filled anger drive I had a few panic attacks, but I couldn't tell. There were a few moments during my drive I felt like I couldn't breathe, but hey whatever. 

I just can't believe I drove six hours to New York without anyone knowing! My parents think I'm out shopping and I'll probably get a text soon asking where I was to which I would reply with, I ran into a friend at the mall, gonna be with them for the night. If that didn't work then they couldn't do anything about it, I was 19 after all. A 19-year old that was standing out in front of her pool boys apartment building. I had a backpack on my shoulders that only contained a change of clothes, a toothbrush, and what's left of thousand dollars cash after I used some of it on food and gas. I took the money out of my dad's bank before I left because he would see where I was if I used the card here. Hopefully, I don't get mugged because then I'll be screwed. I tighted my backpack around my shoulders at the thought. 

I looked up at the building and was worried I was at the wrong place. This place was magnificent! It was amongst other gigantic skyscrapers, but this one commanded the attention of people walking by. How could a pool boy live here? Didn't he say he needed to work for us cause he needed it? This didn't look like the place someone who was struggling would live. I prayed it was the right place as I matched the address to the envelope to my hands. 

During my six-hour drive, I came up with a plan on how to figure out which room he lived in. I even changed my clothes into something a bit more 'rich' looking so I fit in. My outfit was simple, but I picked it cause of the expensive name brands that could easily be seen. Burberry, my mother's favorite store. I was wearing a simple white shirt and jeans, but the big bold name of the brand on the chest of my shirt made my outfit the cost of most peoples rent. Not my normal style to flaunt my father's wealth, but now I had to so I fit in. 

I walked through the entrance of the building with a bored look on my face. It looked to be some sort of common area right off of the entrance of the building. About twenty people sat around in nice clothes probably most waiting for their drivers to take them out since it was Friday night. Some of the people were strolling through big curtains to the right. Was that a freaking club? Apartments here could easily be a million dollars! This had to be a wrong address, but I guess there was only one way to find out. 

I walked with purpose and no one even batted an eye at me as I found the front desk. It was a man who was wearing an uncomfortable looking suit. He smiled at me and spoke to me in a standard customer service voice. 

"Good evening ma'am, what can I help you with?" He asked 

I huffed and slapped the envelope down on the counter, "My father sent me down here because we keep getting this Will guys mail," I said trying to sound irritated as I looked at the man. 

"Oh I do apologize, I'll be sure to bring it up to him," He said about to grab it but I quickly put my hand over his. His eyes widened and the young man looked flustered as I quickly tried my charm on him.

"Oh don't be silly, love," I giggled, "You already work too hard-" I glanced at his name tag,"-Riley. Just tell me where to find him and I'll do it," I smiled sweetly at him and batted my eyelashes. Practically making him fall to his knees. Men, they were so weak sometimes. Stroke their ego and they are putty in your hands.

Riley seemed to come to his senses and he quickly hid his flustered state and gave me a smirk, "I will on one condition,"He smirked and I wanted to roll my eyes, but I played along and leaned forward and bit my lip as I looked at him like he was God himself. I should be an actress.