Chapter 9: A Heart Beyond Repair

I cried writing this chapter. I feel awesome! (Sarcasm on point!)

Kirishima took a seat at your empty desk. Immediately, Bakugou spun around from his desk in a blind fury. Before any words could come out, Kirishima took a hold of the situation. “Bakugou, do you mind if we talk?” The boy of red hair asked in a secretive tone.

“Why the hell would we talk?” Bakugou grumbled.

“I mean why not?” Kirishima snickered. “I wanted to talk about (Y/n) and you seem to be the closest to her.”

“What about her exactly?” Bakugou calmed down suddenly.

“About her and AM,” AM was codename for All Might, or at least that’s what Bakugou understood. Kirishima knew something that clearly Bakugou didn’t and that greatly irritated him.

“Then talk,” Bakugou growled.

“Can we take a walk? I’m not really supposed to be talking about this-”

“Then why are you bringing it up to me!?” The fiery blonde snapped.

“Cause you have a right to know…” Kirishima sighed. Bakugou fumed in his own anger for a little while, then stood up from his desk with an aggravated sigh. Kirishima perked up, “Can’t believe you’re actually willing to talk!”

“Whatever…” Bakugou walked ahead and left the classroom, Kirishima jumped from his seat to follow within a scurry. He were thankful he got to school extremely early in order to have this conversation. Bakugou peered off to his right noticing Kirishima had caught up.

“I guess I should point out… (Y/n) isn’t coming to school again,” Kirishima regrets to admit, shoving his hands into his shallow uniform pockets.

Bakugou gasped under his breath, furrowing his brow with a waking anger. “And how do you know that?” The blonde growled.

“Since you showed me where (Y/n) live, I dropped by to see if she had left for school yet and I got All Might instead… Again,” this fact really ate at Kirishima for some odd reason. Even Bakugou could tell. “All Might said that her head injury is a lot worse than expected. But it’s nothing serious, nothing that rest can’t fix,” Bakugou physically shuddered at that comment, fixing his eyes onto the floor. “All Might wants to thank you in person, but he can’t leave (Y/n)’s side until she’s better. If you didn’t take the majority of the collision when the ceiling fell in, (Y/n) would probably be dead or in worst condition-”

“I caused the damn accident though…” Bakugou hissed between gritted teeth.

“It’s not entirely your fault,” Kirishima reassured. “Yeah you created the explosion that caused the ceiling to come down but technically if Midoriya wouldn’t have deflected the attack the ceiling would’ve never came down! Don’t take the entire blame Bakugou,” Bakugou sighed, Kirishima was right. So, Bakugou rearranged the red head’s words just enough so that Midoriya would be the man to take the entire blame. A dirty move yes, but it makes Bakugou feel like a hero once again. I’m pretty sure you’d do the same right?

“So, why did we need to leave the classroom Shitty Hair?” Bakugou changed the subject.

“Hey-” Kirishima bit his tongue. It was a nickname he’d have to live with. “Cause I want to also talk about what Aizawa said about All Might,” and the subject was changed.

“I’m pretty sure he has a mouthful,” Bakugou snickered.

“Sort of,” Kirishima shrugged. “Aizawa said, without directly pointing him out, that All Might fell through as a father to (Y/n). I really don’t understand because All Might is the number one hero. How could he fall through? I was hoping you understood,” Bakugou was next to glaring at Kirishima, yet he knew all the answers.