Chapter 24: Soft Bakugou

"You..." Bakugou's vice grip around your throat tightened and loosened at irregular intervals, unable to make up his dazed mind on whether he were to be sympathetic or furious with you over such a daring decision to walk out in public dressed as none other than one of the most infamous villains in history. Not only that, but the villain who's near ruined your life on more than one occasion. Why would you want to dress up and show off as a bloodthirsty killer.

Bakugou released his hold on your throat, took a step back, and grits his teeth to a skin chilling grind. "You bitch!" You yelped to the collision of the explosive blonde's gloved fist with your cheek launching you upon the ground. You didn't dare move from your place, being you felt as if the punch were deserving, if only just little bit. "You're one of the last people I'd expect to see dress up like that bastard and be proud of it!"

"Enough with the violence Katsuki," Best Jeanist stepped in, using his thread quirk to restrain Bakugou's fist and legs from causing any further harm to you. In reality, you were welcoming of his behavior. You've completely forgotten about Bakugou's explicitly terrible opinion on the Bandaged Killer. Bakuou's one of few individuals who hate Zack more than yourself and maybe even All Might. It was foolish to walk around dressed like him, all to prove a point Bakugou won't understand.

"C'mon (Y/n) don't lie there and ignore me!" Bakugou fought against his mentor's hold on him. Meanwhile as expected, All Might stood behind Best Jeanist with a cocky smile plastered upon his shadowy face, he knew all too well that something such as Bakugou's outburst was expected and you didn't heed his warnings.

You sat up from the cemented sidewalk, rubbing your cheek with the back of one hand still residing within a small daze. "Have you forgotten?" You breathed lifting your head.

"Forgotten what?" Bakugou snarled.

"That I'm a villain," you spoke with confidence. You saw the fires in Bakugou's crimson eyes flare up, and you were running. You don't know how, but Bakugou somehow escaped Best Jeanist's clutches and was hunting you down like a cat to a mouse. Your movements were sluggish, the bandages taking away mobility. Arms couldn't bend more than 90 degrees nor swing, legs could barely bend at the knee. Wasn't before long that the beast stole a handful of your hair, forcing your head onto the pavement once more.

"What the hell has gotten into you?" Bakugou exerted more pressure onto your head. "Just last week you were throwing around your plans to be a hero, now you're 'Miss I want to destroy the world.' Better give me a damn good reason cause I'm not afraid to blast a hole through your head..." You could finally breathe once Bakugou had released his hold on your head, only for his boot to pin you down square in the back.

"Are you actually willing to listen?" You hesitantly asked of the blonde.

"I've been there for you this long haven't I?" Never did you expect such a response. Bakugou sounded pure, understanding, yet his face kept up that nearly iconic hatred filled scowl where his crimson orbs saw right through to your core and he bared his teeth.

"Remember in the Sports Festival... How the crowd never cheered for me?" Bakugou agreed with a simple affirmative hum. "I've decided to embrace the fact that everyone sees me as a villain. Except... Except I'll be a genuine hero. All Might warned me that copycatting a villain is risky. But hey, I'm willing to test how far my luck can go! Don't judge a book by it's cover right? Really reminds me of you, and Tokoyami and especially Ectoplasm," Bakugou flinched hearing his name fall into association with those two freaks from school. "Although I think your costume is really cool, and your personality makes all the difference, you all look scary as hell! Like villains, but deep down you're heroes to end," Bakugou didn't miss a word spoken. In fact, they got under his skin like a flea. The explosive blonde found himself gazing down upon his dark attire of midnight black, military green, and warning orange. It is true, his hero costume is rather scary compared to the rest of his class. With pink and fluffy Uraraka, frog faced Tsu, and a knight in shining armor like Iida. Villains can be heroes too, that fact was set in stone.