Chapter 15: Snap!

Bakugou kept silent the rest of the walk to school, he took that playful threat of yours to heart and knew better than to engage with the idiotic partners you called friends named Kirishima and Kaminari. Even when the class began to assume you and Bakugou were dating, Kirishima and Kaminari thought otherwise. Kirishima knew the truth and knew Bakugou was just being a better friend than most and helping you gain your purpose and confidence back. But after that threat that turned Bakugou for the better, the two of them started going with the popular majority seeing just how obedient the explosive blonde was towards you, a girl that was way beneath him.

Why does Bakugou go berserk towards everyone but you? Just like Aizawa treated you better than everyone else in the class, it was the same with Bakugou towards you.

"Morning Girly!" Uraraka greeted you as you stuffed your bag into a locker.

"Morning," you told the brunette in return.

You sound tired,” Uraraka closed up her locker and rubber necked to see your face over the steel door of your own locker. You were quickly put into a state of uneasiness and backed away a step as she stared at you prolongedly. The Brunette dropped her fist into her opposite hand, “Omg, you look like Aizawa,” she exclaimed.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” It’s official, your mind broke just trying to figure out what the girl meant. I know Aizawa adopted me, but I’m not related to him at all genetically.

Uraraka pulled down on her lower eyelids with her index fingers. “Yahoo! You have really dark black rings around your eyes just like him,” the eccastic girl finally put your confusion to an abrupt end. A distressed whine escaped your throat, you were quick to pull out your phone and turn on the camera and indeed the black rings around your eyes were even more prominent than your stutter at the beginning of the school year that no longer existed. “(Y/n), did you not look in the mirror this morning?” Uraraka frowned slightly as you poked at the dark puffy skin beneath your eyes.

“I was too tired,” you groaned. Just then your stomach grumbled like a ferocious dog.

“You didn’t eat either did ya?” You shook your head with a heavy frown, rubbing your stomach. “I’m sure someone in class has a snack or two. But why are you freaking out about the dark rings? Just sleep more and problem solved-”

“I know Aizawa and Bakugou will get on me about my sleep,” Bakugou already gets on me about everything else. I don’t need him scolding me for sleep too. “At this point I can’t avoid them…”

“Again,” Uraraka spoke up. “I’m sure someone in class has some snacks and make-up that you can borrow. Let’s go ask around!”

“I have both actually,” Momo stepped into the conversation. A large leather purse hung off her forearm.  “Need help?” The ravenette unzipped the purse, revealing a few textbooks, a smaller silver pouch that you assumed to contain her make-up, a graphic novel, an array of pens and pencils whose caps poked out above a pocket the purse had, and a clear tupperware with a dessert in ball form that smelt all so sweet.

Your distressed frown arched into a shy alleviated smile. “Oh my god I can’t thank you both enough.”

“C’mon, lets go to the bathroom,” Momo grinned leading the way.

Turns out, that dessert in Momo’s purse was mochi. It were a dessert you haven’t had since you were a child. Before your mother passed away, she took you out to the neighborhood market, a small store that your mother saved from a robbery one occasion and as their form of gratitude, they allowed her to have a pick of their goods whenever she liked. This resulted in a little tradition as she allowed you to pick out some mochi for you both to share. It was a nice treat, you’ve loved them more because you got them due to her heroism. The mochi was a dessert that you’ve forgotten about unintentionally. So the second Momo brought them out and offered a plump pink one to you, and a green one to Uraraka, your stomach and heart flopped like a seal with joy. The second the the sweet sugary dough touched your tongue, you felt as if lost in time.