Part 7

Arjun was dressing after his shower when he heard their doorbell rang. He hurriedly put on his shirt and went to open the door. Karan was still sleeping. Lazy ass he thought and chuckled softly. Opening the door, he got the biggest shock. Pakhi was standing on their doorstep with a wide grin on her face. He gulped seeing her. She first started the conversation "Hi Arjun. How are you? Hope I have not disturbed you coming in the morning?" Arjun scratched his neck and said "No I was just getting ready. You here all of a sudden?" He asked her while taking her bag inside and allowing her to enter their apartment.

She looked around and said "Actually I came to surprise Bhai as I couldn't come on your graduation day. I had few days break from my college so thought to come here and meet you two. By the way, where is Bhai? Don't tell me he is still sleeping" Arjun grinned at her and said "I am afraid he is but now as you have come you can do the honour of waking him up" Pakhi gave him a brilliant smile and dragged him to Karan's room. He felt electricity wave passed through his body when she held his hand.

Pakhi entered Karan's room and saw a jug of water kept on his side table. She gave a devilish smile to Arjun and picked up the jug and then poured it on her brother. Karan wake up with a jerk and shouted opening his eye "What the fuck Arjun?" but stopped Midway in speaking when he saw Pakhi standing besides him. He got up from the bed in surprise "Pakhi what are you doing here?" Pakhi playfully smacked him and answered "Bhai I came to surprise you and spend some time with you but as usual you lazy fellow, you were fast asleep when I came. If Arjun would not have been here, I think you wouldn't have woken up on my constant ringing of doorbell also."

He frowned at his sister and said "Very funny lil sis but don't wake me up next time by pouring water on me. Now move aside I want to freshen up." Saying so he shoved her aside and went to take a shower. Pakhi looked at Arjun and said "Come let's prepare for breakfast till he gets ready. I am hungry"

Arjun nodded at her and went into the kitchen to instruct their cook to make breakfast as per Pakhi's liking. After breakfast, Karan decided to take Pakhi to meet Vidhya but Arjun politely declined going with them by saying that he needs to buy few of the personal things for him. In real, he wanted to avoid Pakhi and make her believe that he was not interested in her. He knew she had not only come here to meet her brother. She wanted to meet him too and know about his decision about their relationship but he wanted to make her believe that liking him was her mistake as soon as possible.

He was sitting in their apartment and thinking of a way to make her understand that she was better off without him when his doorbell rang. He went to open the door and frowned seeing his classmate Mallika at his doorsteps. She had a crush on him since their college started and he always ignored her approaches. He was not interested in any girl except Pakhi but Mallika didn't leave a chance to flirt with him. He glared at her and asked "What are you doing at my house Mallika? I don't recall inviting you here"

Mallika ignored him and shoved him aside to enter his flat. Arjun too walked behind her to stop her "Hey you cannot enter my house as per your wish. Why are you here?" Mallika gave him a flirty smile and said coming closer to him "Arjun baby now our college is also completed. Till when will you ignore me? You played too hard to get but that's what I like about you darling." Arjun glared at her angrily and told "Leave Mallika before I lose my calm and throw you out of the house myself. You are such a shameless girl who doesn't understand the meaning of no." She ignored his words and started opening up his shirt buttons. Arjun held her hands from opening his shirt further when she suddenly smashed her lips on his. He was stunned for a moment. His brain couldn't comprehend what was happening when he heard the sound of something falling. He came back to his senses and pushed Mallika away from him.

Pakhi was standing there with tears in her eyes. After meeting Vidhya and having lunch with her and Karan, she declined their idea of going for a movie saying that she is tired from her journey and wanted to go home and rest. Actually she knew Arjun would be at home and she wanted to spend some time alone with him and ask him about her gift. She excitedly came into the building and saw that the main door was open. Confused why was it open, she entered the apartment and saw Arjun and a girl kissing each other. Arjun was holding that girl's hands and his shirt buttons were open. She was shocked seeing this and unknowingly her phone slipped from her hand. Tears welled up in her eyes seeing the love of her life kissing another girl. Here she thought that she would confess her feelings to Arjun and he was busy kissing another girl. How can he do this with her she thought angrily.

She wiped her tears furiously and picked up her phone saying "Sorry I didn't know you had a company. I will come back later." Saying this she turned on her heels and ran towards the lift. She heard Arjun's voice asking her to stop but she just wanted to get away from him so she ignored his pleas and went into the lift.

Arjun was shocked seeing Pakhi standing at the door and tears flowing down her cheeks seeing him with Mallika. She hurriedly picked up her mobile and went out of the house. He ran after her shouting "Wait Pakhi don't go. It's not what you are thinking. Wait dammit!" but she didn't listen. She just ran towards the lift and the door closed before he could stop her.