Part 8

Arjun kicked the lift door frustrated and went inside his house angrily. He dragged Mallika harshly by her arm and threw her out of his house warning her "Don't you dare show me your face again anytime in future or else I won't hesistate to strangle you. Now leave me the hell alone and find some cheap person who can satisfy you" and closed the door on her face. Mallika stomped her foot angrily and went from there.

Arjun was pacing the living room in anger. How will he explain Pakhi that she misunderstood him. He thought to make her believe that he was not her dream man but seeing her heart broken today made him upset too. His heart got crushed seeing her crying because of him. He frustrating hit his hand on the wall. It was night time and she had not yet returned. He called her several times on her phone but she was not answering. He was worried sick for her. Mumbai is such a big city. What if she is lost or worse what if she is in any danger. His mind was clouding with unnecessary thoughts and again called her number but as usual she didn't picked up. Irritatingly he threw his mobile on the nearby sofa and shouted "Dammit Pakhi! Pick up the phone" Even Karan had not yet returned.

His doorbell Rang and he ran to open it. He saw Karan and Pakhi standing there. His body relaxed seeing her safely. He took a deep breath and allowed them to enter. He then asked them "Where were you two till now?" Karan sat on the sofa and stretched his arms and replied "Actually me and Vidhya went for a movie after the lunch. We even asked Pakhi to come with us but she was tired so came back home to rest. Then when our movie got over she called us that she wanted to buy few things for herself so we asked her to come to the nearby mall and then after shopping we all went for a dinner and then dropped Vidhya to her home"

Arjun was watching Pakhi intently but she just ignored him and said "Bhai my head is paining so I am going to sleep and please book my tickets for Delhi tomorrow. I forgot that we all friends planned for a small together day after tomorrow so I need to go"

Karan gave her a confusing look "Are you sure Pakhi? You just came today. Stay here for few more days and then we both can leave for Delhi after some days" Pakhi gave him a faint smile and shook her head "No Bhai I can't stay. Our plan was made beforehand only but it just skipped my mind. Today when my friend called to remind me of it, I promised her to be there. So please understand and book my ticket" Karan sighed and agreed to book her flight tickets for tomorrow. Wishing him good night, she went to sleep.

Arjun who was hearing their conversation silently knew Pakhi was just making an excuse to go away from him. It pained him to know he lost her for good. He wanted this to happen but now when this thing really happened, he felt hollow inside. His heart was bleeding and he wanted to clear her misunderstanding and stop her from going away from him. But he cannot do anything. Maybe this was his destiny.

Next morning he woke up earlier than his usual time as he couldn't sleep a wink throughout the night. He was sitting in the living room and drinking his coffee when Pakhi came out from the other room carrying her bag. He greeted her good morning but she ignored him and went in kitchen to get herself a cup of coffee. He felt sad seeing her aloofness. The girl who was once following him like a lost puppy was now not even ready to look at him. He chuckled sadly at this. Karan came out of his room after some time and asked Pakhi "Ready to go sissy?" Pakhi nodded at him and got up to leave. Arjun wanted to desperately hug her and keep her with him but she just went out without even giving a single glance towards him. Karan said him "I am going to drop her off to airport and be back"  He nodded at him and went in his room. He watched Pakhi sitting in the car and going away from his room window. Few tears escaped his eyes seeing the love of his life leaving him for ever. He wondered when will he be able to see her again. He was so angry on his destiny.