Part 9

Three years later

Arjun was working in his office when his secretary called him on the intercom "Sir your friend Karan is on your personal line"
Arjun immediately asked her to connect his call. Karan's voice came from the other line "Arjun why were you not picking up your phone?" Arjun checked his mobile and saw three missed call from Karan. He replied "Actually I was in the meeting so I had kept my mobile on silent. Anything urgent?" Karan directly came straight to the point "I got the deal finalised for the take over of the construction company you wanted to have. The owner want to meet you once before signing the deed so can you come to Delhi tomorrow?" Arjun frowned hearing him "We both are doing this business together in partnership right then why is he insisting on meeting me too when you already met him?"

Karan sighed from other side and said "That old man is very cunning buddy. He wants to negotiate on our deal further but I clearly told him no for that so now he thinks that if he cannot convince me then he can convince you at least as per his terms. New staff recruitment is going on in all my companies so I am not getting free time these days to pay attention much on this so it's better if you come here for a few days and talk to that crook" Arjun thought for a while and replied "Fine ask your secretary to fix my appointment with him day after tomorrow. I will reach Delhi by tomorrow evening. That old man wants to meet me right then let's meet him and get the deal at our terms. Meet you tomorrow buddy" Karan hummed and disconnected the call  after that.

Arjun rang his secretary and asked her to come in his cabin "Riya preponed all my meeting for tomorrow and make sure it all gets over before evening. I will be gone to Delhi for few days so clear my schedule till I return and pass on the important tasks to Shravan and mail me the details" Riya nodded at him and asked "Sir at what time shall I book your tickets for Delhi and which hotel you want to stay?" Arjun replied "Book my flight after 5pm tomorrow and don't book any hotel. I will be staying at my apartment there so call there first thing tomorrow morning and ask the security person to get the unit cleaned before I reach there" Riya agreed to him and went out of his cabin.

His thoughts went back to three years back. So much changed in these last three years. He came back after taking training in his brother in law's company and when he joined his family business, he discovered the amount of debt his uncle had brought the company in. When inquired about it, he just fled away with his aunt to some unknown location. They both even cut all the connections with their daughter. Such greedy people are they. Now he lives in the penthouse his parents had bought before their death and in which his aunt and uncle were living before. He worked very hard and due to his father's old connections and his sharp business skill, he cleared off all the debts in no time and now all his businesses are flourishing across the country. He had finally accepted his parents loss and is content thinking that even though they are not with him physically, they are still watching him from above.

His best friend Karan had also changed so much. His wife Vidhya died and she was pregnant at that time. Karan's totally changed after that incident. He is now living just for the sake of his family. The zeal for life which he had earlier now was forgotten by him and Pakhi! He still remembers that fateful day when she left away from his life. Everything changed in these three years but his love and longing for Pakhi didn't changed a bit. Infact it increased with time. There was not a single moment her thought didn't crossed his mind. He still have the pen gifted by her. He uses it to sign any special document and the heart pendant given by her is still kept safe with him.

Glancing at his clock, he realized it time close to his going home so he rapidly completed his work and left his office to go home.

His servant asked him as he entered his penthouse "Sir dinner is ready. You want to have it now or after the shower?" He turned towards him and said "I will first go and freshen up and then bring my dinner to my bedroom OK?" His servant nodded at him and Arjun went to freshen up. He entered his room and opened the curtains on the back of his bed. It was a giant size picture of Pakhi he had taken from Karan's mobile without his notice. She was standing on the terrace and her hair were flying in the air. A beautiful smile was adorning at the corner of her lips and her dimples were clearly visible in her cheeks.

It was his routine to everyday look at her picture before going to office and after coming from office. He smiled gazing at her picture and then went to take a shower.