Part 11(b)

Arjun's work was completed in Delhi. Now he had to come next month again to supervise the starting of construction of the hospital their new company had taken contract for. Karan will be seeing to the old staff reshuffling and new staff recruitment and other legal tasks related to company whereas he will analyse the construction process. As he was flying back to Mumbai this evening, he decided to go to Karan's office and meet him before he leaves.

Arjun entered the building of Oberoi group of companies and went to the top floor where Karan's office was located. Not seeing his secretary outside, he directly went towards Karan's cabin.

Karan was shouting on his secretary for the missing file when his best friend Arjun entered "hey Bro, wassup?" Karan frowned seeing him and asked his secretary to find the missing file in half an hour. As soon as his secretary left his cabin, he turned towards his friend and glared at him "Why you came in my office at this time and what do you want? I am busy right now so come later." Arjun just laughed hearing this. He and Karan were best friends since their schooling and he knew Karan more than his family so he didn't feel bad at his rude behavior. He was used to his friends mood swings "what happened Karan that got you so uptight?" Asked Arjun.

Karan sighed and told him the entire story about him and Anjali. After hearing everything, Arjun looked at him bewildered and asked "Are you nuts Karan? How can tell any girl that you are not interested in any relationship with her and you are just meeting her for your family's sake only. If I were on her place, I would have kicked you out of my place then and there."

Karan glared at him "I didn't tell you everything so you can taunt me. My parents have gone mad and they called her house and told them that I agreed to this alliance without asking me. If you can't help me then you know the way out."

Arjun sighed and said " it's been two years Karan. Please move on in your life. Everyone needs a partner in our life. We cannot live alone." Karan didn't want to hear this talk again so he said "Arjun I am not interested to hear this talk any further so if you have any idea how to cancel this alliance then suggest me or else I will think of some thing."

Arjun knew it's useless to explain Karan so he told him "Why don't you call Anjali and ask her to meet you somewhere outside without your boths family's knowledge. This way you can apologize to her for your earlier behavior and ask her to say no to this proposal as your parents won't listen to you."
Karan thought for a while at this and he liked his friend's suggestion.

He was driving back to his apartment to get his luggage and leave for airport when his thoughts went to his conversation with Karan earlier. His friend needs someone in his life to drag him out of his shell he had been living in since Vidhya's death. He just wished the girl Anjali would be that person.