Part 19

Arjun finished his office work and glanced at his watch. It was already 8 and he was late to go home. Rahil will be waiting for him. He would have his dinner everyday with him but today he is late. Rahil would have already eaten his dinner. Hurriedly he called his driver to bring his car in his parking whereas he sprinted towards the lift. On his way to his penthouse, he saw a lady holding a small baby and selling Batman toy figures. He felt pity for her and asked his driver to stop the car and went to that lady and bought a Batman figure for Rahil and paid her more money than his purchase. Seeing her smiling with joy, Arjun too smiled and went back in his car.

He inserted the code and entered his penthouse. His gaze fell on a two year old boy playing with his cars. He smiled seeing him and asked "What my boy is playing?" Rahil looked up from his car and gave a toothy grin to Arjun. His heart warmed seeing his son smiling cutely at him. Rahil left his car and ran towards Arjun shouting Pa. Arjun kept his office bag on the nearby cushion and picked him up in his arms. He kissed Rahil's chubby cheeks and inhaled his baby scent. He was Arjun's light of life. Coming of Rahil in his life is the best thing happened to him so far.

Rahil poked his cheek with his finger softly to gain his attention "Pa you late. I eat rice and veggies soup" Arjun grinned at him and said "I know baby, your pa is late today. Sorry! But I got a surprise gift for you!" Rahil started bouncing in his arms "Pa gift want Rahil!" Arjun chuckled hearing his excitement and put him down and gave him the paper bag kept with his laptop bag. Rahil excitedly opened it and saw the big Batman toy his father got for him. He sequeled in delight and hugged Arjun tightly holding his legs saying "Thank you pa. Rahil favourite Batman" Arjun smiled at him and replied "Welcome my boy. Now you play with your new toy and pa will go have a shower and wear his night dress ok?" Rahil nodded enthusiastically at him and started playing with his new toy.

Arjun went to his room for a quick shower  and got dressed in his track and T-shirt. He came out of his room and saw Rahil sleeping on the carpet with his toys besides him. Rahil's nanny Mrs.Nair came towards him to pick him up and put him to his bed but Arjun signalled her and asked her to collect Rahil's toys whereas he picked him up and carried him to his bedroom. He gently put Rahil in his baby bed and covered him with his quilt. He sat there caressing his hair and thanked God silently for sending him in his life. His thoughts went back to one and half years ago. He still remembers that fateful day when he was working in his office and got a call from Pune city hospital saying that his cousin sister Shweta and her husband met with a car accident and he was requested at the hospital as he was their emergency contact person.

He rushed to the hospital in record time and found on his arrival that his cousin and her husband were dead on the spot. After their death, no one was there to look after their six month old son Rahil. Shweta's parents were still hidden somewhere and had cut all ties with her whereas her in-laws were not interested to accept Rahil and take his responsibility. So Arjun brought Rahil to Mumbai to live with him after his parents funeral. Initially he had thought to be just a guardian to Rahil till he grows up but that little one captured his heart and became an essential part of his life real soon. His first word was Pa for Arjun. Arjun too considered him as his own and adopted him legally on his first birthday last year and made him Rahil Arjun Khanna officially. He was the light in Arjun's dark life and reason to smile in his tough times. His entire life got a meaning when Rahil became a part of it. For Rahil, he was his father right from the time he understood the meaning of having a parent.

Rahil changed the meaning of living his life entirely. He now just wished Pakhi to be a part of it and complete his being on this Earth. In these last few years, he finally realized that how much he try to suppress his emotions and ignore his love for Pakhi, it keeps on growing everyday. His life is incomplete without her presence in it. Even Rahil needs a mother figure in his life like Arjun needs a life partner. And according to him, no better person can take these places in their lives except Pakhi. He finally let go of his struggle to remain distant from her. He will win her back again and this time he is not letting her go ever again. Now just she has to come back to India. He thought too many times to go to Paris and bring her back to live with him but he didn't want to interrupt her studies. He had waited so many years for her so what's problem to wait for some time more. He was a fool back then when he considered he was no good for her and she was his best friend's little sister. But now she is no more little but a grown up beautiful women and he knows that no one can love her and care for her as much as he does. If Karan will have any problem with their relationship, he will deal with him but Pakhi is going to be his again very soon.

He heard a soft knock on Rahil's bedroom door and realized he was still sitting in his son's room. He gently kissed his for head and whispered softly "Good night baby. Your pa loves you very much. Sleep well" Saying this he went out of his room without making any noise and saw his servant Amit standing there waiting for him "Sir your dinner is ready. Where shall I serve it?" Arjun gestured him towards the dinning table and went in dinning room to have his dinner. After eating, he went to his room and saw Pakhi's life size picture at the back of his bed. He still had her photo in his room which he sees everyday after waking up and every night before going to sleep. "Come soon sweetheart. I am desperately waiting for you.  I love you" saying this to her photo, he drifted into slumber.