Part 21

Pakhi was sitting in garden with her parents. It was Sunday and Anjali was busy cooking special dinner for everyone. She had kicked everyone out so no one can disturb her while cooking. Karan was playing with the twins in the garden with the new toys and games Pakhi had bought for them.

She was gazing lovingly at her brother and his kids when her father asked "What are you looking at dear?" Pakhi turned towards him and said "I am just seeing Bhai playing with his kids. It's like I am seeing a new version of Bhai totally different from the older one. He seems to be so happy and content in his life. I am so happy to see him like this" Her father agreed with her "Yes Karan is now a changed man. He is no longer a hollow and bitter person he was before. Arrival of Anjali and his children gave a reason to him for smiling and living happily. Now me and your mother are no longer worried for him. He is happy with his wife and kids" Anuradha who was also sitting with them asked Pakhi "It's been a month Pakhi since you are home. What are your plans for your future?" Pakhi sighed at her mother "Nothing special mom. I had done my studies and one year internship. I am planning to join a reputed fashion designing company and work for them"

Anuradha scwoled at her "You can work any time you want Pakhi but don't you think now it's time even for you to settle down and have your own family? See Karan, he is so happy with his family. Me and your dad wish the same happiness for you too dear" Pakhi gulped hearing her. She didn't want to get married. Not now at least. Even though she was far from Arjun from last few years, she was still not over him. Her heart still beats for him only. She was not yet ready to give his space to any one else even though she knew she and Arjun cannot have a future together. She looked at her mother and informed "Mom I am not yet ready to get married. I have applied for few best fashion house and am waiting for their response"

She was saved from her mother's further brainwashing when twins and Karan asked her to join them for playing. She hurriedly went to play with them. Sanjay looked at Anuradha hopelessly. She just shrugged and continued drinking her tea