Part 23

Pakhi was watching TV when Anjali brought two mugs of coffee and sat besides her. She handed one to Pakhi and asked "What are you watching?" Pakhi sipped on her coffee and replied "Nothing was just surfing channels. Did Mom, dad and twins came back from your parents house?" Anjali shook her head "Dad called me few minutes ago to say that they will spend the night at my parents home. Mumma and Papa insisted and even the kids wanted to be with both of their grandparents so they all will come back tomorrow morning. I just now send their night clothes and toiletries with the driver"

Pakhi chuckled at her "Mom and Dad are spoiling the kids" Anjali gave a knowing look to her "I know right! Not just Mom and Dad but even my parents too. They all four oldies always get the twins everything they even doesn't require and don't leave a chance to make their words spoken true. Last week Aarav and Kiara wanted to go to play zone for playing games but they both told dad that they don't like waiting there for their turns so dad bought all the tickets of play zone and then he took both the kids with my Papa to play. I mean who does that!" Pakhi

Pakhi laughed hearing her "Bhabhi mom and Bhai are even worse than dad in spoiling your kids rotten" Anjali gave an annoyed look to her saying "Yes I remember before few days Kiara told Mom that she likes kheer made by her. So mom made kheer, halwa, gulab-jamun and jalebi for her and Aarav. Just their one demand and a list of options are kept before them. Karan ohh girl don't ask about him. Aarav did his drawing on a property transfer paper of a land Karan just acquired for his new project. But instead of scolding him, he drew up new papers and went all way to Lucknow again to get that paper sign by the old owner. I mean this is heights! I am afraid both Aarav and Kiara are going to grow up as spoil brats!"

Pakhi shook her head negatively "No Bhabhi they won't as they are your kids. Even if everyone in our families spoil them, you are there to let them know their mistakes and don't worry! Right now they both are still small. Let them get all the pampering and attention they both didn't got since last three years. By the way when Bhai is coming back from Mumbai?"

Anjali frowned "He told me yesterday night when we spoke that he will be back today evening but since this morning his phone is switched off. He is so workoholic man, I tell you! When he is involved in his work, he even forgets that he is a family man. Let him come home!" Pakhi grinned devilishly hearing her sister in law. She was sure her brother would get a warm welcoming today night. She would tease Karan tomorrow morning for this. Her phone rang drawing her and Anjali's attention. She picked up the phone and asked "Hello who's this?" The lady from the other side said "Hello mam, I am calling from the Laa-bel boutique, Mumbai. Are you Pakhi Oberoi?"

Pakhi became excited hearing her. She had heard of Laa-bel that it was one of the best boutique in Mumbai and very good opportunity to work for freshers. She excitedly replied "Yes I am Pakhi Oberoi. How can I help you?" The lady from the other side answered "Mam we got your resume from the job hunt agency. I guess you submitted your CV there for hunting a job?" Pakhi replied yes. She continued "Well we read your CV and our madam was very impressed with it. She wants to speak to you personally so shall I transfer your call to her?" Pakhi was surprised hearing her. She couldn't believe that her resume got selected amongst hundreds of other candidates and the owner who was the chief designer was herself wishing to speak with her. She breathlessly replied "Yes please"

After few minutes, she heard a Stern voice of a lady from the other side "Hello Pakhi. I am Ritu Kapoor, owner of Laa-bel. My boutique wants some new talents and I went through few candidates CV. I must say your was best amongst all and I would personally like to hire you to work as my junior designer. If you agree to my offer, my assistant will forward you the job details. Our HR manager will give you a call again tomorrow and you can know us your decision then" Pakhi was nervous "Mam it would be my pleasure to work under you. Will I have to come to Mumbai to join your boutique?" The lady replied "Yes Ms.oberoi, you will be working as a junior for me so I am afraid that you will have to work in Mumbai with me. However I am opening my second branch in Delhi next year so if you wish, you can work and learn from me in one year and then can get transfer in Delhi branch" Pakhi thought for a while. It won't be bad to work in Mumbai. It's just one year anyways and what are the odds of meeting Arjun there in such a big city. She took a deep breath and replied "Sure mam. Thank you for giving me this chance. I will let you know regarding my decision tomorrow" After that she disconnected the call.

Anjali who was listening to her conversation silently asked "Another job offer?" Pakhi nodded at her "Yes Bhabhi but it's not just any ordinary offer. Have you heard of Laa-bel fashions in Mumbai?" Anjali nodded "Yes my friend who lives in Mumbai speaks very highly of it" Pakhi smiled and said "Yes it's one of most reputed boutique in Mumbai. I got a call from them and the owner is offering me to work under her as her junior" Anjali smiled "That's very nice Pakhi. It will be good work opportunity for you" Pakhi gave a faint smile to her "Yeah but then I have to shift to Mumbai for that" Anjali got confused hearing her "So? You were planning to relocate to any place for a good job then what's wrong in Mumbai? It's such a nice place"

Pakhi sighed "I am not so sure about Mumbai" Anjali narrowed her eyes at her "What are you not so sure about it? Did you have a bad experience in past there?" Pakhi became nervous and looked here and there silently. Anjali grew more suspicious "Ok so something definitely happened with you there. Now tell me what it is" Pakhi gave a helpless look to her "Leave it Bhabhi. It's all in the past" But Anjali didn't leave the matter "No I am not leaving it so you better start speaking" She sighed and told Anjali everything right from the time she met Arjun for the first time, her crush on him, her going to Mumbai to surprise him and Karan, his kissing another girl and her love and hatred relationship with him.

Anjali listened her intently without doing any interruption. She was silent for some time and then wiped Pakhi's tears and gave a side hug to console her "I can't believe Pakhi you loved Arjun since so long and never asked him the reason for his rejection. As far as I know him, he is very serious kind of guy. Making out with any girl doesn't sounds usual for him. Didn't he tried to clear the things when you saw him kissing another girl?" Pakhi sniffed "No Bhabhi he never came to me to say that what I saw was not meant what it looked like. He never confessed his feelings for me. I was a fool back then when I was madly in love with him and he on the other hand always considered me as his friend's little sister"

Anjali sighed "Pakhi it's not always it looks Everytime. You should have asked him at least for your peace of mind. It's been so many years but still you are not ready to face him why?" Pakhi was silent hearing Anjali. Anjali again said "Because you are still not over him. You hate him for what he did to you but you still love him. I believe he also still have feelings for you because he had also not got married yet" Pakhi got confused "What's with his getting married related to me? Maybe he wouldn't have got any perfect partner yet with whom he want to spend his entire life" Anjali shook her head indicating no "Or may be he is still waiting for you!"

Pakhi gave a irritated look to her "Bhabhi if he too loved me then he had six years to show it. In these last years, he never approached me" Anjali sighed and asked "Did you give him a chance to approach you in all these years?" Pakhi gulped and avoided looking at her. Her sister in law was right. She distanced herself from him so much that even if wished, he couldn't approach her.

Anjali took her hand in hers "Pakhi life is too short for any grudge dear. You spend six years of your life forgetting him and moving on in your life but you are still not over him. You still love him but right now your anger had clouded your love for him. My and Karan's misunderstanding and avoidance of our feelings took four precious years of our life. I wished I had stayed at home and talked to him instead of leaving everyone. Don't do that Pakhi. You are running away from things instead of accepting them. Talk to Arjun and get an answer to your unrequested questions. Either close this chapter or accept it so you can move on in your life in real sense" Pakhi knew her sister in law was right but she didn't had guts to face Arjun. He broke her heart and she was not yet ready to forgive or forget him.