Part 22

Arjun was in the conference room when he got a message from Karan to give him a call when he is free from work. He got confused reading the message but any how continued with his presentation.

He gave a call to Karan as soon as he got back in his cabin "Hey buddy anything urgent that you messaged me in the middle of a meeting?" Karan replied "Nah I called your mobile but it was out of coverage and your secretary informed me that you are in the meeting when I called your personal line. I asked you to call me so I can talk to you that I have came to Mumbai today morning for signing a new deal with a corporate company. So I will be staying at your penthouse" Arjun got excited hearing him "Sure Karan it's been so long we both spend some friendly time together. Since Anjali and your kids came back, you are hardly available"

Karan laughed from the other side "Yes that's true. I spend all my free time with them. I am sure you too do that with Rahil. Since he came in your life, you too are hard to contact in free time and wait till you get married. You won't be thinking of anything else except your wife and kids" Arjun became upset hearing about marriage and wife. He was really happy for his best friend but he still envies him sometime. He got the love of his life, his wife back and is happily married to her whereas his lady love is still far away from him.

"You there Arjun?" Karan inquired from other side. Arjun sighed and replied "Yes I am listening to you. Will meet you in evening tonight at my house" Karan answered "Sure I am eager to meet you and my baby Rahil. It's been long since I spent some time with him. Anjali had even send some gifts for you two"

After talking with Karan, Arjun disconnected the call and started doing his pending work so he could go back home early today.

Karan was playing with Rahil when Arjun came home. He went near them and asked the duo "Uncle and Rahil having fun?" Karan smiled seeing him and Rahil got up from Karan's lap and lunged at Arjun. Arjun grinned and picked him up "What were you playing with your Karan uncle baby?"

Rahil clapped his hands and cutely replied "Uncle play Lego with Rahil. Anjali aunty give many gifts me pa!" Arjun smiled at him and kissed his cheeks. He then dropped Rahil to continue him to play with his new toys Karan gifted him and gave a manly hug to his friend "Long time we met man!" Karan exclaimed. Arjun chuckled "Yeah what to do we both are responsible fathers now!" Karan grinned at him and they both sat on the couch while Rahil's nanny took him to play in his room. Karan first asked "How is life Arjun? I am sure it gets hectic for you being a single Dad!" Arjun sighed and nodded his head "Yeah but then my efforts are worth it when I see Rahil smiling. Not everyone is lucky to have a loving wife like Anjali!" Karan smiled hearing his wife's name but deep down he saw sadness in his friend's eyes. He knew something is bothering Arjun "Arjun are you ok? I mean is there something I should know? May be I can help you. You seem to be sad on mentioning about being single" Arjun sighed and answered "It's not that Karan but you are right life will be better having a life partner in it" Karan looked intently at him "Yes Arjun it's high time now you get married my friend. Even Rahil needs a mother figure in his life" Arjun nodded his head sadly at him "I know that but the girl whom I want to marry doesn't even want to look at me or talk to me"

Karan was shocked hearing him "You love a girl and I am not even aware of it. When did this happen Arjun and why didn't you told me anything about this earlier?" Arjun gave a frustrated look to him and answered "Hold your horses Karan. It's been a long time since this happened and I was initially shaping myself to become an ideal lover for her and then you were having problems in your own life when I decided to tell you about it" Karan sighed and sat back "I know buddy my life was so messy earlier but you are my friend and you should have told me about it earlier. I would have surely helped you out. But now since my problems are solved, we will together bring your so called dream girl back in your life ok! Now tell me about her. Do I know her?"