Part 29

Rahil woke up from his nap and started crying not seeing anyone around. He looked around and got scared seeing himself in a new room. Pakhi was in washroom changing her clothes when she heard Rahil crying. She hurriedly wore her pajamas and went out of bathroom. She ran towards him and picked him up in her arms "What happened Rahil? Why my baby is crying?" Rahil snuggled in her neck and sniffed "Me scared alone" She caressed his back and whispered sweet words to him "Don't be scared my child. See I am here only ok now don't cry"

Rahil looked at her with his tear filled eyes "Rahil want mum. He has pa but no mum" Pakhi gasped hearing him whereas Arjun was also stunned when he entered Pakhi's room and heard Rahil asking her for a mother. Pakhi took a deep breath and smiled at Rahil "Who told you that you don't have mum? You can call me your mum baby" She couldn't see the pain and anguish in Rahil's eyes so she asked him to call her as his mother. She felt pity for that small boy who lost his parents at such an young age. Arjun gave fatherly love to him but he cannot fulfil Rahil's wish for motherly love and care.

She decided to give that motherly love and care to him inspite of her and Arjun's differences. Rahil stopped crying and asked her in awe "Really you my mum?" Pakhi nodded her head at him "Yes won't you like me to become your mother?" Rahil shook his head enthusiastically "Yes me like you. You Rahil's mum" Pakhi smiled and kissed his cheeks "Yes baby me your mum"

Arjun wiped few tears escaped from his own eyes. He was so happy that Rahil finally found his mother and he was more happy that his mother was Pakhi. He went and sat near them "Now you got your mum champ so will you give a hug to your pa too along with your mum" Rahil asked him to sit close to Pakhi. Pakhi's breath hitched in her throat having Arjun so close to her whereas Arjun was grinning devilishly at her. He never left any opportunity to come close to her. Rahil then wrapped his one hand around Pakhi's neck and other around Arjun's neck.

Arjun then took him in his arms and started tickling him. Rahil laughed uncontrollably and tears started flowing from his eyes "Pa stop. Mum please help" Pakhi laughed and asked Arjun to stop tickling him. They both were in relief that Rahil's fever was finally down. She changed Rahil into his night dress and made him drink a glass of Luke warm milk. He threw tantrums in drinking his medicine but a Stern look from Pakhi and he gulped it without any complain. Arjun wanted to kiss Pakhi for being a perfect mother to Rahil. She was gentle with him when required but strict to keep him in order.

Rahil insisted Arjun and Pakhi both to sleep with him. Arjun looked helplessly at her "I will go to my room after he sleeps" Pakhi nodded her head and went on left side of Rahil whereas Arjun slept on his right side. Soon Rahil was asleep due to effect of medicines. Pakhi got up and went into the living room . She was not feeling sleepy. Arjun followed her and sat on the couch opposite to her "You fulfilled Rahil's longing today for having a mother. I tried but couldn't do that role properly. I have a very busy work schedule and I hardly have time for him except weekends" Pakhi kept her head on the back of the sofa and smiled at him "I didn't do anything special. Children just needs love and care from us but in return they give it to us in doubles. I just made him happy by fulfilling his one wish but he makes me happy everyday. I can do anything for that small boy."

Arjun stood up and sat near her. Pakhi instantly sat straight and looked at him. Something was different in his eyes today. She would see love and admiration in his eyes everyday for her but today they were dark with desire. Arjun caressed her cheek and she closed her eyes feeling his touch. There was no one in the house. Rahil was fast asleep and the helpers we're in their staff quarter. He pulled her gently in his lap. Pakhi couldn't control the eruption of butterflies in her stomach. She was loving Arjun's touch.

Arjun looked in her eyes and saw no hesitation in them. He slowly leaned towards her and placed his lips on hers. Pakhi was surprised and she gasped. He plunged his tongue in her mouth and increased the pace of his kiss. She remained immobile for few seconds and then couldn't control herself and started kissing him back. She ranked her fingers in his hair and he pulled her further towards him in such a way that his chest was brushing against her breasts. Arjun broke the kiss and started kissing her jawline, neck. Pakhi closed her eyes in pleasure. Arjun's kisses were creating a havoc in her body. Suddenly Arjun came back in his senses and separated himself from her. Pakhi who was in daze realized what she was doing and got up from Arjun's lap.

Arjun scratched his neck "Umm Pakhi I didn't mean to do that. It happened unintentionally"
Pakhi was surprised at his words. Everyday he was claiming his love for her and now when she was willingly allowing him to come close to her, he is retreating from her. She got up from his lap and stood near the wall sized window gazing out in the distant sea "I see you love me but still I am not desirable to you. I am sorry I won't..." Her blabbering was interrupted when Arjun turned her and held her hand. She was scared seeing the change in his facial expressions. She had heard Karan saying that Arjun is a cool person but if angry, no one can stand his wrath. She was feeling a little scared seeing the rage in his eyes.

He kept her hand first on his crotch. She gasped feeling it's fullness and then he placed her palm on his heart. She was feeling the rapid beating of it. He said her in a low dangerous voice "Now you know how desirable are you to me Pakhi! This is my body's reaction everytime I see you. I stopped because I didn't want to take advantage of your weak moment and I apologized because I thought you still wouldn't appreciate this closeness with me but you as always took me in a wrong way Pakhi!"

Arjun left her hand and stood with his back towards her holding the edges of the window. He was breathing heavily controlling his anger on her. He didn't want to say anything stupid in a fit of rage to her which he would regret later "Go and sleep Pakhi" Tears welled up in Pakhi's eyes. She again did the same mistake she did years back. She now understood Arjun's dilemma and helplessness in pursuing her but did she tried to bloom their relationship. Hell she now understood that she was too equally at fault like him. Just loving a person is not enough in any relationship. Trusting and understanding them is also important.

She hugged Arjun from behind and started sobbing on his back "I am sorry Arjun. I don't know what thought crossed my mind but I didn't mean to accuse you" Arjun was immobile for a moment. Pakhi's touch gave him such bliss which he couldn't imagine. His body started to relax instantly. He took deep breath and turned around. He wiped her tears and kept his hands on her cheeks "Hey don't cry. I don't like seeing tears in your eyes. I am sorry too. I didn't mean to snap at you. Just forget what we both said ok and give me a smile"

She gave a watery smile to him which took his breath away. He still was in awe of her "Sorry love but you are so beautiful that it's hard for me to resist you every time. I don't know how many more cold showers will I have to take until you will forgive me!" He said pouting. Pakhi thought he was very cute doing that "Well let's fix our marriage date soon so you can get rid of these cold showers as soon as possible" Arjun's eyes widened at this "What do you mean by our marriage? I mean what you said..." His sentence was interrupted by her "I said that I am ready to marry you" She raised her eyebrow at him "Don't you want to marry me?" Arjun vigorously shook his head "No no I want to marry you only. Hell if you wish, I will fly to Vegas now to marry you. But I mean did you finally forgive me?" Pakhi smiled and pulled his cheek "Yes Arjun I forgive you. In this last month you showed me in each and every way how truely sorry you were and how much you love me"

Arjun took a deep breath "Yes darling I love you so so much that I can't breath without thinking about you. I won't be able to survive if you will leave me again" Pakhi hugged him "I am not leaving you again Arjun because I love you too. Even my existence is useless without you" Arjun hugged her tight "Finally after wait of seven long years you are in my arms and in my life. I won't let you go ever sweetheart" Pakhi smiled "I too won't leave you anytime in this lifetime darling. You and Rahil are my lifeline" Arjun too smiled hearing her and picked her up and lay on the couch holding her on top of him. Pakhi kept her head on his chest and closed her eyes in satisfaction. Arjun was caressing her back silently thanking God for making Rahil and Pakhi a part of his life. Today not only Rahil got his mother but Arjun too got his life partner in Pakhi. She was the Ray of happiness in their lives and he would always preserve her with utmost affection.