Part 28

Pakhi and Arjun entered his penthouse and saw Rahil running around the coffee table and his nanny chasing him with a plate of food in her hands "Rahil baby come and sit. Nanna will make you eat your dinner" Rahil shook his head and continued to run "No Rahil not eat veggies and roti. Me want Maggi"

Arjun huffed "This boy always wants to eat Maggi. He doesn't like to eat vegetables" Pakhi who was watching Rahil kept her purse on the couch and picked up Rahil in her arms "Why my Rahil is not eating his food?" She gestured his nanny to give his plate to her and go. Mrs.Nair smiled at her and kept the food plate on the coffee table and went from there. Rahil complained Pakhi "Me not like veggies. They yuck!" Pakhi  thought for a while and asked him " But if you don't eat veggies then Batman will not come to bring friend with you. He only does friendship with those kids who eat veggies"

Rahil gave a horrified look to her "Batman no friend Rahil?" Pakhi shook her head "Only if he doesn't eat veggies. If you eat veggies baby then you will grow up big like him very soon and then he will give his suit and mask to you to wear" Rahil replied "Me grow big. Me eat veggies"

She smiled at him and started feeding Rahil. Arjun was sitting on the sofa and was watching them silently. He was in awe of Pakhi. She would indeed be best mother for Rahil. Rahil hopped from her lap after eating his dinner and went towards Arjun "Pa I eat all". Arjun smiled and picked him up "Very good my boy. You finished all the food"

Days went by and one night Rahil insisted Pakhi to read him a bed time story instead of his Nanny. Pakhi saw the longing in Rahil's life for a mother. He was small to express his longing for a mother but she could see her small things could make him happy.

It's been one month since she came in Mumbai. There was not a single day so far in this one month that Arjun didn't expressed his love for her. He would everyday find a new way to say her sorry and i love you. She had not yet forgiven him completely but she enjoyed his efforts secretly.

She decided to take a day off tomorrow and spend it with Rahil. She and Arjun usually take him to park or mall on weekends but it's been so long time since she stayed full day at home with him. She mailed her manager regarding her day off tomorrow and went to sleep. Next day after taking a shower, she went into Rahil's room to wake him up. He would be so happy hearing that she would not go to office today. He had become an essential part of her life. She loved him so much.

Pakhi saw Rahil sleeping in his bed and went to wake him up "Rahil wake up sweetie. See today I will not go to office. We both will play new games and watch your favourite cartoon movie. I will even make Maggi for you" But Rahil didn't budge. She turned him and tried to wake up when she felt his skin burning in fever. She worriedly touched his forehead and it was hot. She hurriedly went to his bathroom and searched for his baby thermometer. She gasped reading the temperature. He was indeed having high fever. She wondered yesterday night when she made him sleep he was alright then what happen all of a sudden.

She went to Arjun's room and knocked on his door. Arjun opened it and gave her a breathtaking smile seeing her "Good morning love. What a surprise! You here in my room this morning. ohh I am so overwhelmed" Pakhi gave an annoying look to him "Get ready fast. Rahil is having fever. We have to take him to the hospital" Arjun's playfulness went away and his expressions changed to worry. He ran towards Rahil's room and saw him sleeping hugging his soft toy panda. He checked his temperature and he panicked seeing his child burning with fever. Pakhi came from behind "You go and take a shower. I will wake him up and get him ready till then" Arjun nodded and went in his room to get ready whereas Pakhi woke up Rahil and helped him in bathing and made him wear fresh clothes.

Rahil was cranky and crying hugging her due to fever. She cooed him "Baby don't cry. Your pa and me are taking you to doctor okay. You will be fine real soon" Rahil continued to sniff. Arjun came from his room and took Rahil from her "Don't cry Rahil. You are my strong boy right? Strong boys don't cry" Rahil hugged him tight and slept on his shoulder.

Pakhi instructed his nanny "Mrs.Nair change Rahil's bedsheet and fumigate his room before we come from hospital. Also make some light food for him so he can have his medicine after eating". She and Arjun went in the lift . Pakhi took Rahil back in her arms when they reached towards Arjun's car "Give him to me. You drive" Arjun nodded and placed Rahil on her lap before starting to drive. She was caressing his hair when Arjun asked "Won't you go to your office today?" Pakhi looked at him and answered "Actually I took a leave from work today to spend a day with Rahil. But now I will extend my leave till he recovers"

Arjun was touched seeing her concern for his son "Even I will take leave today from office. I will be at peace living with him today" Pakhi nodded at him. She knew Rahil was Arjun's life. After consulting the doctor and getting the medicines, they drove back home.

Arjun carried Rahil to his room "I am taking him to my room" Pakhi nodded and gestured him to go she will join them. She then went to kitchen and asked Amit "Amit did you make food for Rahil?" Amit nodded and put khichdi in a bowl and handed her. Pakhi saw Arjun rocking Rahil and cooing him. She went near him and started to feed Rahil. Together they both made him eat. For Arjun, it was a perfect family moment. He was impressed with Pakhi reacting so mature seeing Rahil sick instead of panicking. Hell he got panicked for a moment seeing Rahil burning in fever.

After feeding and giving him medicines, she took Rahil to her room "I am going to take him in my room for sleeping. You can work in your home office if you wish. I will look after him" Arjun smiled and nodded at her "Yes I will do some of my important work. Just call me in case he wakes up and cries again" Pakhi nodded her head at him. Arjun further said "Thank you Pakhi for looking after Rahil"

Pakhi shook her head "No need to thank me for it Arjun. This little one helds a special position in my heart. I care for him as much as I care for Aarav and Kiara" Arjun's chest swelled with pride hearing Pakhi's words. Indeed Rahil was indirectly helping him in bringing Pakhi back in his life.