Chapter 3

The weekend saw Louis at Liam's dominating at FIFA. No surprise there. It also saw him pulling those forgotten boxes out of his closet to finally put the contents away two years too late. He didn't do it because Liam had called him out on it. Not at all.

Sunday was spent doing much of nothing. He called his mother like the loving son he is, and then spent close to an hour afterwards letting all six of his younger siblings get a chance to tell him what's going on in their lives. After he hung up his head was a swarm of university applications, mac blushers, and boys. He'd mentally thanked Ernie for at least leaving him with the remains of the riveting debate on which character was the coolest - Spiderman or batman. He had let Ernie plead batman's case, because he's a mature adult and he didn't succumb to a "Nuh uh, uh huh" fight with the four year old. Besides, he knew Spiderman was superior. He didn't have to fight his younger brother about it.

All weekend, he'd hardly paid a passing thought to his mystery tenant, but now sitting in his typical spot at work on a Monday night, he can't help his piqued curiosity again. What did Harry do this weekend? Did he have a quiet night in getting used to his new home? Had he gone out and explored the area? Had he left his apartment? He'd have to find time to talk to Calvin who worked the weekend shifts and casually ask if he'd met the new resident with the erotic voice that had short circuited all of Louis' nerve endings.

Louis digs around at the bottom of the chip bag perched between his fingers. He tilts his head back and drops the pinch of broken chips into his mouth as he thinks of a cunning plan to see Harry. Buzzing the penthouse and just telling Harry to come down would work, but it is a little more aggressive than Louis wants. It is possible he won't find Harry attractive and that could get awkward if he'd called Harry down for no reason. Or worse. Harry could find Louis unappealing and tell on him for being bothersome. So sly method it is.

The chip bag is titled to his mouth and he's shaking it to get the last of the crumbs when a voice startles him to the point he almost inhales the mouth full into his lungs.

"Those aren't healthy, you know."

Self consciously, Louis sweeps his fingertips under his messy fringe to move the hairs out of his eyes and his lips purse to hold back an approving smile once he assesses the handsome male specimen judging his diet.

"I know. That's why they actually taste good," Louis states as his eyes drift over the black waistband of tight skinny jeans and up over heavily tattooed arms. "Did you want some? I'll buy you a bag from the vending machine if you fancy. I'm a junk food gentleman."

"I'll pass," the guy sticks his hands in the pockets of his leather coat, "I'm a model, so if I eat a bag of crisps, I'd have to add another thirty minutes to my workout and I don't have the time today."

A model. That makes sense, but Louis is now put out that the pretty model didn't seem to latch on to his flirting.

"Oh yeah, sure," he waves a hand in front of his face, nonchalantly, his ego ignoring the gently bruising. "What can I do for you then?"

"I'm here to see Harry Styles."

Louis' eyes move back up to the man's face at that, but he's not looking at Louis at all. The man is checking out his black hair that's styled perfectly into a quiff on his head in the reflection on the silver candy bowl in front of him. Good thing he didn't want the crisps because Louis wouldn't have offered had he saw this happen first. This guy is probably too full of himself to ever get hungry.

Asking how the model knows Harry is on the tip of his tongue but he's trying to bite it back as he picks up the phone.

"Your name, please?"