Chapter 5

Plans can't be executed since it's Saturday and Louis has the day off. He's never been more disappointed to not have work in his life. 

Bringing the spoonful of coco pops to his mouth, he thinks he should smack himself for even thinking that. Sleeping in and having a day off are his favorite things.

Milk sloshes over the side of his bowl as he stirs his spoon around in the remaining milk, trying to think of what he should do today. Anything to keep himself away from Hudson Towers.

If only Louis were more patient, he could find some form of amusement in this game of cat and mouse Harry is unknowingly playing with him. Louis heads to the sink and drops his bowl in, lying to himself that he'll clean that sooner rather than later. He goes to his bedroom, grabbing a pair of dark wash denim skinny jeans and slips a black Adidas shirt over his head before grabbing his wallet, keys and phone and shoving it all in his back pockets.

The spring weather is warm enough to not need a jacket. Locking the door to his own flat as he steps outside, he takes in a breath and spins on his toes to face the sunshine. A quick walk in the park will do him some good. 

Though, he could just swing by work briefly. His check is there waiting for him. Running in and picking it up wouldn't be creepy. He'd have a reason to be there. And if he bumps into any of the residents, well that would be an added bonus.

Before he can change his mind, his feet take him down Newman street towards Hudson Towers. With the weather so nice today, the street is busy with people walking about, choosing not to take their cars, and to walk instead.

 That's when it hits him. Any of these people he's passing by could be Harry since he doesn't have the smallest inkling of what Harry looks like. For a moment, he entertains the idea of shouting "Harry" at the top of his lungs, just to see if any of them are his Harry.

His Harry as in the Harry that lives at his work. Not his Harry as in his to hold and pet and keep forever. Not even close.

Louis' eyes continue to skate briefly over the faces of the people passing by him. A younger gentleman that looks like he could be the appropriate age, catches Louis staring. Louis blushes because fuck his existence if this is his Harry, he's already made a tit of himself, but this only seems to make the guy grin bashfully and turn his head away as they're about to walk past each other on the street.

Louis can't ever leave well enough alone, his curiosity too much to stop now.

"Excuse me, Harry?" he asks with a timid voice, coming to a halt.

The man tilts back to Louis. "I beg your pardon?"

"Is your name by any chance Harry?" Louis sinks his teeth into his lip. The man is pretty cute. He wouldn't be upset if this was who he'd been thinking about all along.

"No, I'm Joe, but it's a pleasure to meet you anyways."

So he's not as cute as Louis thought he was only a moment ago. Louis mutters some half assed response of being pleased to meet the other man, even though he's not in the slightest. Louis quickly tells the man goodbye and continues his walk avoiding eye contact with everyone so he doesn't end up making conversation with boys that aren't named Harry.

The walk to Hudson Towers isn't that far from his apartment. Around a corner, then about half a mile and you can't miss the building. Louis can practically make the trek in his sleep, but today, he makes the walk wide awake, literally humming with anticipation. He walks up the grand stairs and opens one of the large, glass double doors. Cool air from the air conditioning unit immediately hitting his face and he shivers slightly from the drastic temperature difference from outside. It's artic in here compared to the nice sunshine outside, but Calvin has always preferred the cold.