Chapter 6

Around thirty minutes later, Louis has just entered the lobby again, a coffee carrier in one hand and a brown paper sack from the bakery up the street in the other.

"This is your big plan? Coffee and breakfast? Louis." Calvin tsks disapprovingly. "You're losing your touch. "

"I don't even know if I'll like him yet. What the hell did you expect? A dozen roses? Do me a favor and buzz Harry. Tell him he has something else to pick up."

"This isn't very professional," Calvin retorts which earns him a light smack on the arm.

"I'm the manager and I'm telling you to do it, so do it. How's that professionalism?"

Picking up the phone, Calvin calls up to Harry's floor. Louis has forgotten the concept of personal space as he squeezes in at Calvin's side.

"Speakerphone," Louis stage whispers once before Calvin lets out an groan and hits presses the speaker button, sitting the handheld back in the cradle.

"Hello?" a voice comes through and that's not Harry. Louis knows Harry's deep drawl. Everything is wrong, but Calvin doesn't seem to notice, or if he does, he carries on because he clearly wants to make Louis' life a living hell.

"Harry, you have a package downstairs to be picked up. It's actually pretty compact, but it thinks its bigger than it is- oomph!" Calvin is cut off by Louis' elbow ramming into his rib cage. He leans in closer to the phone, not sure why he doesn't just hang up and call this another fail.

"May I speak to Harry please?"

"He's a little tied up at the moment. Can I take a message?"

Louis' body goes stone still and he thinks he tastes blood from nearly biting his bottom lip in half. Harry's tied up with those damn frilly scarves by whoever the hell this is. He doesn't know why he feels jealous, but he does.

"No you can not. This is official front desk business and I need to speak to him," Louis smarts off.

"Zayn, give it to me!" he hears Harry's muffled tone through the phone and Louis wants to die. Fucking Zayn. Of course bloody Zayn would be present to witness this intense embarrassment.

"I'll pick up the package on my way out for him. Thanks," Zayn replies and hangs up before Louis can get another word in. Louis stares at the phone with his jaw slack and mouth hanging open in aggravation. This just won't do.

He rounds the desk with the coffees and bag of food still in hand.

"Louis, what the hell are you doing?"

"I'm going to see Harry. You want to try to stop me?"

Calvin raises his hands in surrender and Louis whips his head forward and stalks off to the elevator like a man on a mission. He's ending this silliness once and for all. He'll lay eyes on Harry and put the whole charade to rest and get on with his life. He'll let Liam take him to Dickey's to get dicked and Zayn can tie Harry's ass up like he's a high ranked boy scout with all his patches in knot work.

When the elevator reaches the top floor, Louis lets his determination lead him straight to Harry's front door, knocking his knuckles against the white wood. Nerves suddenly swarm his stomach. The chase and wonderment is finally about to end. It makes him sad in a way, but mostly the excitement is taking over.

That is until a shirtless Zayn and his deflated quiff open the door.

"Oh, front desk man," he raises a brown amused, "Can I help you?"

"It's Louis," he answers through gritted teeth. Zayn folds his arms over his bare chest and leans against the doorframe.

"What do you want? I said I'd get the package later."