FOUR | locked apartment

◆◆◆∥◆◆◆

◆◆◆∥◆◆◆

Curses kept on falling from Taehyung's lips as he walked to his apartment, scuffing his shoes along the sidewalk. He could never think rationally when that freaking jerk was around.

Because that freaking jerk is really freaking hot -

Taehyung groaned again, wanting to smack himself for having that thought. But it was the truth. And the truth sucked. It always did.

The younger brought out the worst in him, in a way. All Taehyung wanted to do when he was with him was either kiss him senseless or beat some sense into him.

Conflicting.

Sighing for what seemed like the thousandth time, Taehyung pushed open the door to the apartment complex. It was quiet, the ride in the elevator giving him too much time to think.

As much as he loved staring at the younger boy, he had promised himself to avoid him. Why couldn't he just achieve that? It was honestly frustrating that he couldn't have gone at least half a day without breaking his vow.

"Another shot at this next week then," he mumbled to himself.
The door to the apartment was the same as always but Taehyung's cheeks flushed a deep red, remembering what happened right there that morning.

Another reason why he should avoid Jeon Jungkook.
He couldn't stop himself from blushing whenever that kid was around. It was honestly horrible.

It took him a moment or two to comprehend the reason for why he wasn't screaming into his pillow in his room. With widened eyes, Taehyung hurriedly searched his pockets for his keys but turned up with empty hands.

Hell no.

He couldn't have lost them. Yet he knew that was the case - his fingers didn't touch metal, there was no weight in any of his pockets or his bag. He was completely and utterly screwed.

"Oh, for the sake of Gucci!" He grumbled, sliding down his door.
He was locked out of his apartment. It was expected of course. Taehyung lost a lot of things. But never keys. Keys were the one thing he always kept safe. Oh, and his phone.

Screw everything else.
As long as his phone and keys were safe.

This morning, he had sadly been mistaken that luck was on his side. He knew it wouldn't last but he didn't think karma would come calling this soon.

Pulling out his phone to call Yoongi, he scowled to see his battery percentage. Dialing the older, he heard the familiar voice of his hyung saying "what the hell do you fuc-" before the call was disconnected.
"Screw my life," Taehyung muttered in distaste, staring at the black screen of his mobile.