NINETEEN | shock of a lifetime

◆◆◆∥◆◆◆

◆◆◆∥◆◆◆

Taehyung sipped casually at his coffee, wincing at the bitter taste but tolerating it anyway, as was his daily ritual. Hyuk sat across from him, eyebrows furrowed as he tried to process what he had just been told.

"Okay, wait. Let me get this straight. You met Jungkook at a food stall yesterday, decided to throw dumplings at him, went back home with Bogum but then got stuck in a lift with He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named and then ended up having sex because you guys finally confessed?"

Taehyung flushed slightly but nodded, waiting for Hyuk to continue with his recount of how he came to be with a work-in-progress boyfriend. The boy did not disappoint.

"And then the reason you were missing from school yesterday was because you were hanging out with Jungkook all day and you guys have decided that the both of you are now dating and exclusively at that?"

Unable to help the smile growing on his face at the thought, Taehyung drank a little more of his scalding coffee, head bobbing along.

"And all this happened with Jungkook. Jungkook as in Jeon Jungkook. The guy you've been crushing on for four years until you realized he was no longer the same and had "lost his personality" which he miraculously seemed to regain in one night and impress you?"

Taehyung paused, glancing up, unsure at the wording that Hyuk had chosen. When he put it in that way . . .
"I trust Jungkook," he finally mumbled aloud. "He promised me I could. He won't use me."

Hyuk gave him a skeptical look, "Tae. Listen. I understand. But isn't it slightly suspicious? For four years, you guys barely interacted. And all of a sudden, everything seemed to happen to force the two of you to meet and spend time together and bam! Suddenly, he's a changed guy and he wants you. Does none of it seem even a little fishy? Not even a little off?"

"Fate," Taehyung nodded, giggling slightly.
The purple-head's eyebrows furrowed, "Fate?"
Taehyung hummed, restating it firmly, "Fate. You said it yourself. Everything seems to force us to meet and be together. That's called fate."

When Hyuk still looked unconvinced, Taehyung sighed softly, "Come on, Hyukie. I know you're trying to look out for me and I do understand where you're coming from. I do. I know it seems like it's going a little too fast but it actually makes sense to me. This just-"

Hyuk raised an eyebrow, "This just . . . ?"
"This just feels right," Taehyung beamed. "This is what we are meant to be. Not rivals or acquaintances or friends. We're meant to be together. Again, fate."

The purple-head ran a hand through his hair in frustration, not exactly sure how to convey to the brunette his concerns, "Alright. Fine. If you feel that strongly about it, nothing I say is going to change your mind."
"Nope," Taehyung shook his head, shrugging.