TWENTY | traitor's guise

◆◆◆∥◆◆◆

◆◆◆∥◆◆◆

Taehyung was numb. And he hated himself for him.

First of all, he shouldn't have been so affected over a guy he had barely even started dating. Especially Jeon Jungkook of all people.

It was his own fault. He knew the type of person Jungkook was. How could Taehyung have expected him to commit to one person?

Exclusivity wasn't in Jeon Jungkook's vocabulary. He was everyone's man yet nobody's to keep.

But it still hurt. It still hurt a lot to be betrayed so quickly and so easily. Four years of crushing on a guy and the same guy being the one to break his heart. It made Taehyung realise the reason behind why he decided not to interact with Jungkook until recently and even then, it wasn't by choice.

God, he's so stupid!

Taehyung sighed into his hands, trying to keep the tears at bay. Jeon Jungkook wasn't worth crying over, no. But it still remained that he shouldn't feel the need to cry over this.

Maybe it was because of what he thought he had with Jungkook, the first boy he ever got together with sexually after his first time. Maybe it was because of the emotional bond he had thought he had built with the other, especially after the whole elevator incident.

How the hell had he become so damn desperate while Jungkook was so disinterested? How the hell was he going to face the boy again?

"Oh, that's simple. Let's just drop out," Taehyung mumbled to himself, groaning - the only thing stopping him from doing just that was the fact that the only ones who knew what happened apart from them was Jimin and Hyuk, no-one else.

It could have been a lot worse.

"Mr Kim," a hand landed on his shoulder, causing him to glance up. "Are you feeling alright today?"

That simple question brought back the familiar sting to Taehyung's eyes as he quickly lowered them back down to the desk, nodding, "Of course, Mr Ong. Thanks for asking."

Mr Ong looked unconvinced but simply patted his shoulder twice before moving back to the front of the room, one arm laden with test papers. As of current, Taehyung remained the only one in detention and for that, he was both grateful and slightly peeved.

Being alone came at a cost; his mood could be identified easily as was evident from the worried glances he kept on getting from the professor. Taehyung glanced at the clock, sighing to see that he still had around another forty minutes left before he was free to leave.