SIXTEEN | elevator breakdown

◆◆◆∥◆◆◆

◆◆◆∥◆◆◆

To say that Taehyung was frightened would be an understatement - scared shiitless would be a more appropriate description.

"What was that?" His voice wavered, eyes widening as the lights flickered.
"The elevator," Jungkook brushed himself off, wincing as he rolled his shoulder a few times.

OH REALLY? THANK GOD I HAVE YOU TO ENLIGHTEN ME WITH SUCH BASIC KNOWLEDGE, YOU SON OF A FCUKING BISCUIT! I REALLY COULDN'T HAVE FIGURED OUT THAT IT WAS "THE ELEVATOR" BY MYSELF!

But of course, those were not at all the words that actually ended up escaping Taehyung's mouth.

"It's not moving," he mumbled weakly, gulping as the flickering lights stabilised.
"I can see that, dumbass," Jungkook snorted, running a hand through his hair.

. . . bish. I WILL THROW YOU OUT OF THIS FCUKING ELEVATOR.

The lift gave a sudden jerk, causing Taehyung's balance to tilt precariously to one side. He went down with a yelp.

Jungkook, on the other hand, seemed to have no such problem. In fact, he even had the nerve to snicker amusedly as though Taehyung had meant to fall over.

Needless to say, Taehyung didn't stand up again. Huddling into the corner of the elevator, knees up to his chest, Taehyung desperately tried to get into contact with someone - anyone.

"Don't waste your charge," Jungkook hummed, sliding down to the floor opposite him. "There's no service."
Taehyung frowned, glancing up suspiciously at the ravenette, "And how do you know that? You don't exactly have your phone out."

Taehyung caught the fleeting glimpse of some emotion that he wasn't quite able to identify flicker across Jungkook's features, gone as quick as it had come.

"Common sense," Jungkook shrugged, voice casual though the brunette couldn't help but hear how strained it seemed to be.

Though he wasn't fully convinced, Taehyung had a lot more important matters at hand, ones that didn't involve worrying about how and when the younger had gained a brain (and of course, his own lack of one).

Pocketing his phone again, Taehyung leaned his head dejectedly back against the wall of the elevator, trying to calm his breathing. He was stuck in the apartment complex's lift.

As if that wasn't bad enough, he was trapped with Jeon Jungkook, the last person he wanted to spend so much time with in such an enclosed space.